New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Identify
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need some help: Have a cartridge cant identify.

Headstamp reads DWM 514A with opposing "K K" bullet measure approx. .312. Rimless case 75MM long

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A quick google search reveals it as a 8x75 Behr, if your spanish is up to speed you might find this useful. 8x75 Behr It looks like it might be an early magnum class round. There was also a rimmed version.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shinzo,
Thanks for your help, thats it exactly!!
Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No worries Wink
Nice cartridge, wish I had one.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
But most "serious" collectors already do Steve Wink Wink Wink

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who said anything about being serious, lifes too short for that. Big Grin Got a spare going cheap? Wink
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It isn't mine, I don't collect cartridges I just shoot them, A guy that works for me does and was at his wits end, I told him I bet I get an answer in less than one hour and we did.
Thanks Shinzo
(he's now on the forum also)

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I'm a casual collector - gave up being serious years ago. Thats why I dont have one of these cartridges . Dont collect DWM case #'s , just accumulate stuff I dont already have . Big Grin

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote