Find
Notify
Tools

270 Newton
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I have two cartridges stamped 270 Newton on the case and Speer for the maker. I am seperated from my "Cartridges of the World" but are these common to find?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Speer produced both brass and loaded ammo in 270, 30, and 35 Newton some years ago. The 270 was strictly their idea since I don't think Newton hisself ever made that caliber.

Of the Speer stuff, the 30 is the most plentiful and the 270 the least. All have some collector value, especially in the original Speer boxes, but I would classify them all as uncommon but not rare.

White Bison can probably offer more info since he is the resident Newton "expert".

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I do not plan on selling them, but they are a part ofa collection of cases and cartridges. I have the 22, 256, 270, 30, and 35 Newtons.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

What is the headstamp on the 22 ?

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote