The Accurate Reloading Forums
4-Bore

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4321043/m/530104101

10 December 2002, 15:31
muzza
4-Bore
just got the results from an antigue arms auction held here recently - the Holland and Holland Rewa four bore cartridge that I would have liked ( 4.25 case , 75gr cordite , 1800 gr proj ) sold for $700 NZ dollars - about three hundred US dollars . More than twice the price I offered but obviously others with more money had a greater need.....
19 December 2002, 13:16
Iconoclast
According to my auction results list, someone has more dollars than sense. Hang in there, mate, you'll get one for a rational price.
24 December 2002, 02:29
<thender>
Thats usually the way it goes for me at auctions.... Someone with more money than brains outbids ya at twice the retail price. Where do these people get their money anyway? They must not be sinking any of it into reference materials. [Roll Eyes]
24 December 2002, 08:06
muzza
Actually the 4-Bore was incorrectly described in the Auction List - it is one of those OWS (? ) ones made ten years ago for collectors. That makes the buying price even more unpalatable , mainly because the auctioneer was informed of the error prior to the auction with a request that Postal Bids be waived on the lot , but he refused .
I was only being an opportunist with my bid , but that doesn't alter the fact that some folk have more money than sense at times...