New
Find
Notify
Tools

244 Remington Collectable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a small collection of Varmint cartridges that I have gathered over my years as a Varminter. I have always wanted a 244 Remington cartridge and finally found a box at the Missoula Gunshow this past weekend. I bought them and of course only needed the one for myself. I am thinking of offering them for sale for $1.00 each plus shipping. Do you think this will fly. They are the 90 grain PSP bullet by Peters. Very nice are the individual bullets. Any thoughts on legality of shipping a collector cartridge to interested parties through the mail or should I sell them outright at a show?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You could list one on Gunbroker.com or AuctionArms.com to feel the market . That way you will cover a bigger audience than just a local gunshow. I would think they may be worth more than a buck each , but who knows..?

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
And because I forgot to mention it previously - you will need to deactivate the cartridge - pull bullet and dump powder, kill the primer - to post it , or use UPS which costs more but negates having to destroy an intact round .

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
The (full) boxes alone bring $20 & up in nice condition; the singles should bring $2 or better each, but it will take time. You *CANNOT* ship these *legally* by mail. I have received many shipments by mail, but do not ship this way myself nor advocate doing so. The Postal Inspectors don't like it much (see Postal regs: Publication 52, Section 341.21c). Only legal way to ship live ammo is by common carrier ground freight (UPS or FedEx Ground); either sell them locally at shows or list the entire box for sale.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
<RonsGuns>
posted
Had I known, I could have made you up one from my stash of new cases I have had sitting in a drawer for years. I kept them around thinking they would be worth something someday, maybe they are afterall [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys! Maybe I will sell them next week at the Spokane Gun Show. I am going on a combo Gun Show and Varmint Hunt over that a way next week. Thanks again for the ideas, estimates and info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote