THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cartridge Collecting    Where is the best place to sell collectible Cartridges?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is the best place to sell collectible Cartridges?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I have several boxes of Winchester and Peters .348 Winchester cartridges many in never opened boxes and the boxes themselves are in like new condition for the most part look like they are right off the shelf, where could I sell them to bring the best return on my investment?
I also have many boxes of "Sisk" bullets from the late 40's and early 50's all un-opened, same question?

Thanks to you all.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snell

The best place to sell collectable ammo is one of the cartridge sites, such as Auction Arms or Gun Broker.

I can give you links if you need them.

The best place to sell those Sisk bullets is to me. Seriously. Send me a PM and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Chako
I sent you a PM

Which site is better Auction Arms or Gunbroker?
I've bought and sold on GB but never been on Auction much.
Thanks

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Auction Arms has a larger number of collectors bidding, and at least one dealer I know of refuses to use GB due to the way they treat sellers.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bigbird34
posted Hide Post
I am a seller on Auctionarms.com,I have been for sevearl years ...under search,just type in bigbird34 (usersname) and you'll pull up my auctions .....I have only had an issue with one buyer (there's always one!)....otherwise 400+ in positive feedback ....I have purchased from gunbroker,but I always sell my ammo on A.A,otherstuff may go to Ebay ,that is not fire arm related....Got questions ,just ask,I'm more than happy to help ....BB34

Posts: 126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in SE Michigan and have an ammo box of old ammunition, some my dad brought back from WW2. Is there any local market for this stuff?

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike
If you want to take a real hosing, there is a gunshop in RO that will be happy to put it to ya.

I work behind the Oakland Mall, if you want I'll be happy to look it over and give you some advise on what to do with it (sell, shoot, etc).

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner, I was going to take the stuff to the Western Wayne swap meet next month but would appreciate your opinion before I do. I'd prefer not to take a hosing from a pro, an amateur collector would be better Smiler.

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner, I live in Troy (18&Rochester) so we should be able to get together. E-mail: mmichals@us.ibm.com. Please and thanks.