Find
Notify
Tools

.404 Jeffery cartridges
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted
I am looking for .404 Jeffery cartridges for an article I am doing for African Hunter. I would like to acquire one cartridge each of the following brands:

-original Kynoch
-Current Kynamco
-A-Square
-RWS
-Norma

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Jim, I can supply the original Kynoch if you wish to drop me a msg at tcg25@hotmail.com - I will also supply a scan of the box if that is of interest.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Iconoclast,

Email on the way...jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I received the original Kynoch from Iconoclast, thanks again! I also have a dummy cartridge that A-Square made up.

I am still looking for the other varieties. Anybody have them? These will be used as examples in an article on the .404J I am writing.

jim

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I have located an RWS cartridge. Can anyone provide a Norma or KYNAMCO?

thanks...jim

one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Three suggestions for you. Try posting your request in the African Hunting forum on this site. Also try the General Discussion forum of Gun Broker (http://forums.gunbroker.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4), attention "aglore" - he does a lot with big bore weapons and may be able to help, but that is a real outside chance. Finally try the IAA site (http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/) - in the left hand column there is a link to a forum similar to this one.

Good luck!

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Iconoclast,

I will try those suggestions. Thanks again...jim