THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cartridge Collecting    Is there any market in selling collectable cartridges any more ?I
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any market in selling collectable cartridges any more ?I
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wondering if There is much interest in cartridge collecting any more ? I was thinking about selling a few calibers which are pretty hard to find but wanted to see if it's worth the effort.I.use to do it growing.up kinda like baseball card collecting for shooters !

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure. I've never been a collector of cartridges, but have some odd ones from different guns I've owned, like 350 G&H Magnum, 375 Hoffman, 22 Lovell, etc.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I think there is a lot of interest in ammo Collecting. I have been doing it for about 30 years now. I know many people who collect ammo also. You just need to get your items exposed to the right people. I have 2 friends who have businesses that sell collectible ammo on line. What do you have to sell as I am always interested in buying cartridges.
Zac

one of us
posted Hide Post
I.have a bunch in mind just had to be worth loading and making.then .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I'm always looking for German military ammo.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SxS-boy
posted Hide Post
Last month at a Washing Arms Collector show I saw a guy with a few hundred Kurz 7.92X33, based on LC 56 brass. I gave him $1 for one for my collection I don't know how much he wanted for the lot. If you're interested I can try to look him up again but not until the September show.

Joe Reno

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Collecting cartridges is just like collecting everything else.There has to be a common value base.Case in point;I sold a 63 Cadillac convertible in pink (just like HUD),It took a while. Even when I was still building rifles in the 80's I always was enamoured by the abstract calibres,thus no raid on the doors from the unwashed masses.The end result is the same for all of this.Sell something that someone else wants;your designs are not of the general publics opinion.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450 Fuller
posted Hide Post
There is always a value to what is no longer
being made-and relative value. Old ammunition has serious historical value-to someone.

Posts: 357 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450 Fuller
posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in original Winchester 348 WCF
"Standing Bear" boxes of 250 gr Silvertips from the late 1950s -early 1960s? These are rare and the last boxes I had went for about the same as original
405 WCF full ammunition boxes by W-W in the red-gold
pattern of the late 1940s.

Posts: 357 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I just agreed to sell my 1907 vintage Jeffery 404 and the buyer plans on using it and isn't interested in the original Kynoch ammo that I got with it.
There are five boxes of five rounds that I was told were likely 1950's vintage and one factory wrapped box of ten 5round boxes.

Any suggestions on where to post these ?

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4193 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote