Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I made a mistake
 Login/Join

posted
by not buying the .470 Nitro and .500 Nitro cartridges this guy had for sale at a gun show. $30 a peice. Instead I bought a .22 Jet Mag, .45-70 keychain,.22-15-60 Stevens, 8mm remington mag, 6.5x58R, .222 remington, .460 Weatherby, .218 Bee, .44 WCF and a few others I cant think of.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
So what was the mistake ? Neither of the cartridges mentioned are rare or hard to find , nor are they expensive to buy , so you wont have difficulty finding others . You cant own everything all at once , mate , pace yourself a little and you will find that life will be less stressfull and just as many cartridges will end up in your collection.

One piece of advice to all of us ,tho , has to be that you are better to buy one $100 cartridge than one hundred $1.00 cartridges . Hang in there and have fun .

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think everyone starts collecting ammo by picking up everything they can afford, then settles down to concentrating on a particular area of interest. Most of the ammo I bought at first was the cheap, standard stuff. Now I buy very little because the most of the ammo that I want but don't have is made from Unobtainium

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition website and Discussion forum

Posts: 238 | Location: Derbyshire, UK | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As far as buying one $100 cartridge and buyin 100 $1 cartridges goes I wouldnt spend $100 on one cartridge Hell, I buy boxes of ammo for guns I dont even own or have come close to owning. .458 Win Mag, .375 H&H, .50 A&E, 7mm Ultra Mag, .450 Marlin, .264 Winchester, .25-20, and so on.
I spent $25 on 5 civil war cartrides but $5 a bullet seems like chump change to pro's like y'all

one of us
posted Hide Post
heya Nato, I have .450 Marlin and .375H&H if you need em - shoot me an email cwiller@hotmail.com

Posts: 59 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nato you have mail