Find
Notify
Tools

Kynoch .404 Jeffery ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
What is an unopened box of original Kynoch .404 Jeffrey ammo (400 gr. FMJ "solid" bullets) worth these days? Anything? How about a packet containing 10 of those boxes?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Typically, I sell these individually for $6 - $10. A box of 10 would likely bring in the neighborhood of $40 at retail and the hundred round $200, perhaps more. When you're selling a large quantity, the market is shooters, not collectors.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I conoclast...

I guess I should have been more clear. These are not the "new" Kynoch rounds produced over the last 10 or so years. They are boxer primed, but they are rounds from the 60's, in the old 5-round boxes, powered by cordite (Moddite, actually), with the original very blunt, steel jacketed solids (gilding metal plated) that were the staple in Africa. They were bought from Jeffery's in London.

I have had them in my humidity and temp controlled vault for the past few decades. Was always going to use them myself, but somehow always ended up using my handloads and RWS brass.

Do not plan to sell them in bulk, just have some "friends" that want me to sell them a few boxes. May or may not do that, depending on how badly they try to beat me down...and in so doing prove their "friendship".

Again,thanks very much for the info.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
This is the loading to which I referred, from the Red / yellow packet. Got mixed up on the number in the packet. The British stuff does that to me.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL, this is an old post, but I gotta add my 2 cents. I have a batch of the same red and yellow box Berdan primed Kynoch ammo in .404 Jeff. Have fired a few rounds in my ancient Mauser and reloaded the spent brass, which is really good brass by the way. I've often wondered about the value, and have sold a few packets at gun shows for 25-35 dollars each. The price may go up with the current ammo price increases world wide.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote