New
Find
Notify
Tools

hand carved cartridge display
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, I've searched the archives to no avail. I'm looking for an example of a hand carved display for cartridges. I do some wood carving and I've only found one or two carved displays one is very nice with a lion etc and it holds 5 or 6 cartridges. That one's not so bad but it's a little out of my league...I'm also looking for an example of one that would only display one or two cartridges for some very special specimens. Any Ideas or especially pics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

the chef

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I think what you are wanting is not a common practice. Most guys have a cabinet or box storage system as opposed to an individual display unit .Or the ( I think ) awful "rack around the wall" style of display
I like the concept of a special ornate display case for something of particular value to you though .Need not be for a valuable cartridge , just one of special significance to you .
Good luck on your search , be interesting to see what you locate .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea that's the exact idea, something to display one or meybe just a very few special ones. But damned if I can find anything. There's all kind of glass fronted cases and they all look like picture frames--ug. Doesn't really appeal to my artistic side.

Hopefully someone in here has seen something

Although I'm getting a bit of a notion......

Gotta go to the carving bench

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did this one not to long ago. Jim S. did most of the design.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it's not exactly what I had in mind. It would look great on a desk though!!

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
What rounds are listed on that display? I can see the .577 T-rex, but what are the others, especially the 2nd and 5th ones?

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. 470 capstick 2. .500 A2 3. Trex 4. .495 A2 Last one is a .450 Ackley