New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB 8x60 magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for brass, dies or ammo for this cartridge.
Thank you,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank

I don't know where Hydesville is but if it's anywhere near Oroville I'd drive over and talk to Fred or Buzz Huntington. Or phone them. If they can't help you or give you some leads then you're in big trouble.
Wink
Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
While expensive, I would agree with Ray. You can make the brass from .30-06 with the proper dies. I didn't check, but I'd bet good money you will find Huntington Die Specialties (RCBS) already offers tooling for this. Good luck!

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
If you just want a case with a bullet I can help you with that, if you want quantitys of brass It must be ways to order this in US? It is a lot cheaper to use 8x57 dies backed out.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I have 40 something pieces of brass but would like some new as well and the correct dies.
Huntington will do so on special order, just hoped someone had something on hand.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

You can buy new RWS 8x60mm brass from Natchess Shooters Supply, the brass is in stock as I write this. I have been buying it from them over the past couple of years. They are usually less expensive than Huntington, and they give good service too. Natchess stocks most RWS brass, I just wish they would stock RWS bullets too.
Oh, is your 8x60 a .318 or a .323 bore? Makes a very serious difference, and you will need the smaller dies from Huntington. I have been using 0318 bullets from Woodleigh, Norma, S&B, and RWS.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the extra info. apparently the magnum is a little longer and I can get by with a shim. I am thinking that the brass will flow to fit once I put some together. 8x60 3.23
Frank