New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 Beuwolf?
 Login/Join

<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
This is a new one on me. Has anyone seen any of this ammo?

50 Beowulf

http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm

Looking at the images of this round it appears to be a turned case with a seriously rebated rim. Much more so than the 284 Win or 41 AE.

Another cartridge to add to the wantlist.

[ 07-19-2002, 09:29: Message edited by: QuarterIncherNV ]

one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Interesting round. Name is cute, also . . . much sexier than New Model .50 Bullard Short . . . . [Smile] Noting that only the maker has the brass or loaded ammo (per their site), I suspect this would be pretty expensive to shoot!

Exploring the mfg web site was mildly interesting . . . lots of hype with statements about "high security" environment, details upon "need to know," etc. Suspect much of it is slanted to generate a response among the militia wannabes?

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
my example ( picked up in the States three weeks ago ) has the following diamensions ;

Rim .445"
Head .542"
Caselength 1.652"
Overall length 2.113"

case has a rebated rim , which measures very close to the rim size of a 7.62 x 39mm . Headstamp is -ALEX-A .50 BEO . Has a jacketed hp projectile with five slits in the jacket to enhance expansion .

just thought this might be helpfull for those who havent seen a real one yet...

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
my example ( picked up in the States three weeks ago )
WHO in the states has samples for sale??

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I got my one from an associate who attended the St Louis Cartridge Show , and I am not sure who he got them from . Mr Iconoclast was also at the Show , he may be able to suggest a source - I was just in the right place at the right time to get the only spare on offer .

Are there no details on the website listed above ?

cheers.mds

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
"Mr. Iconoclast" has ordered a box from the manufacturer to re-sell singles. Will be listing these on Auction Arms. Didn't see these in St. Louis, but there were so many cartridges there (200 tables +/-) that this is not a surprise!

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
Ahh, I see others have found this interesting ctg. My shooting buddy is in the proccess of ordering an upper in the cal, complete with dies brass etc.. When it gets in I will be sure to fill you all in on how it "really" shoot and of course grab up some empty cases when hees not looking *grin*.

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Given the price of the ammo / brass, I bet your pal counts that brass *real* carefully! [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
Yes he does, however he is one of those rare breeds that never married, no kids, works long hours and finally spends almost $1200+ a month on ammo and reloading supplies. Needless to say, midway knows him by his first name!

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a interesting round. My wife and I were on vacation a few weeks ago and we stopped into a gun shop that had one of these rifles. It looked like it was a nice gun. I would like to hear more about it. Jay

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the 458 socom by tromix or something like that. Any one remember that or have a round to compair it to. Are they still in operation??

[ 07-29-2002, 06:17: Message edited by: RNS ]

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
Apparently the 458 SOCOM is still available. Corbon is selling it. I didn't inquire about availibilty but they are listing it.
458 SOCOM

or:
http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=150&User_ID=695622&st=9291&st2=-131505325&st3=565517164&CATID=215&ObjectGroup_ID=871

Anyone have singles or should I just order a box? They aren't that expensive (compared to the WR rounds I recently purchased [Eek!] .

one of us
posted Hide Post
QuarterincherNV,
If you decide to buy the box, count me in for two or three rounds. Just email me the price and where to send it.
'puck

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
I have picked up some of this ammo. I will be listing it at $5 rd on AA, but will sell it for $4 + shipping to forum members. Bear in mind that it must be shipped common carrier, so that might well be higher than the cost of the round.

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Brockman's Custom Gunsmithing is offering a bolt action rifle in .50 Beowulf. The blurb from the web site is as follows:

Brockman's Custom Gunsmithing has teamed with Alexander Arms� to bring you the .50 Beowulf-Brockman.

The .50 Beowulf� cartridge fires a .50 caliber bullet of 400 grains at 1800 fps. or a 325 gr. bullet at 1950 fps. .50 Beowulf� ammo is factory loaded at the above velocities. Dies and brass are available. These cartridges and loads are designed in the gas operated AR15 with a 16" barrel.

The .50 Beowulf-Brockman is a powerful, light, fast handling bolt action rifle. This makes an ideal woods rifle capable of taking big game at close quarters.

Weight: 6.4 lb with compact scope

Barrel Length: 16"

Stock: Laminated woo w/ Pachmeyer decelerator

Mag Capacity: 4 + 1

F.A.Q. - What is recoil like? The recoil is about the same as a Marlin Guide Rifle in 45-70.

Additional Options Available With This Package:
Reloading Dies
.50 Beowulf� Brass
Scopes
Brockman's Ghost Ring Sight Set

Brockmans's .50 Beowulf� - $995.00 - Includes Aluminum Hard Case

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
... some of this ammo. I will be listing it at $5 rd on AA...
Iconoclast

What is the headstamp of the Beowulf rounds??

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
This is factory ammo direct from mfg, 325gr HP, h/s "ALEX-A .50 BEO"

One of Us
Picture of Bigbird34
posted Hide Post
From my understanding the .50 Beuwolf was developed for the AR15....seems the drug runners etc where body armor and the .223 was not doing it's job...the .50 Beuwolf was develpoed by two gentelemen that parted ways,each owning the rights,one has the .50 and the other a .499 (Both the same cartridge,different headstamps)....if your a bad guy and the Coast Guard starts shooting at you ,you bullet proof vest will save you,but the .50 cal slug will knock you over and make you think twice about standing up....My 2 cents ,BB34

Posts: 126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote