Find
Notify
Tools

577/465 does it exist
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
Somewhere, does this cartridge exist. I do not know if I wrote it down incorrectly or ...

As a new collector (British NE Cartidges) I find it a little challanging to know what cartridges exist. One book may call them one thing another another name. Some of these books dont have the cartridges that other do. (Cartridges of the world). I have two editions #13 and received #15 today. Which I think cleared up the number of NE cartridges in 375 and the 450 and 400 cartridges.

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Having checked my copy of History and Development of Small Arms Ammunition Volume three by Hoyem ( second edition ) - which is the Bible of British Sporting Cartridges - there is no mention of such aa calibre.

Also checked my volume of British Sporting Rifle Cartridges by Fleming - which is the other Brit Sporting Bible - and no mention there either , so I suspect your source has fed you wrong information. Which is entirely common in cartridge collectors circles.

Have fun with your collecting .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That is one less cartridge to find.

Jim

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Having amassed a decent Brit Sptg collection over the years , the search will keep you going for a long time and you will reach the point where the cartridges you need to fill a gap will cost far more than you are willing to pay.

But you will meet some interesting folk along the way.Good luck with your collection.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I laugh because that seems true already. Smiler

Jim