New
Find
Notify
Tools

.350 G&H Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't suppose that any of you have one that is corectly headstamped that they would like to sell?

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I'm curious, what is the 350 G&H mag? Do you have dimensions of the rim, shoulder, neck, length?

I have a 350 Rigby Magnum, and am a 35 nut.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
JR: I have a couple of G&H cartridges but the 350 is not one of them. Maybe one of the big time collectors here can steer you in the right direction.

Paul: COTW states: "The 350 G&H Magnum was developed in the early 1930s. It is also known as the 350 Holland & Holland Magnum, since that company chambered it in it's rifles for a number of years. In the US, ammunition was loaded by Western Cartridge Co. It is based on the 375 H&H case necked down and is similar to a number of 35 cal wildcats that came along years later. It did not achieve popularity and died out by the end of the 1930s. Today it is largely a collectors item".

Measurements are:
Bullet diameter: .357
Neck diameter: .382
Shoulder dia: .446
Base dia: .511
Rim dia: .528
Case length: 2.848
Cartridge length: 3.64

Hope this helps.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one only. The headstamp is WESTERN on top, .350 G&H MAGNUM on the bottom (wraps around about 200�). The bullet is a copper spitzer with a 1/16" hollow point and no exposed lead. The case is scratched in a couple of places and it looks like it's brass plated copper.

The only other G&H I've got is a .22-3000. It's headstamped G&H on top, 22-3000 on the bottom. I've heard they were made by Winchester, but can't confirm it. It's also known as the 2R Lovell, isn't it?

What other G&H cartridges are there?

Bye
Jack

Posts: 176 | Location: Saskatchewan | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
JR, I have one of the Western rounds which I will be putting up for sale on Auction Arms in the near future, one of many commercial rounds I'm selling as I narrow my collection to more manageable proportions reflecting my interests.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote