New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30-03 cartridge?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is a marked .30-03 US cartridge valuable? Don't know how many of these still exist.
Comments, pls.
Best Regards, Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Bisonland

If you collect cartridges they can can be somewhat hard to find.

It was the father of the .30-06' I have several in my collection Its worth a couple of dollars but if I was you I would keep it because its not all that easy to replace.
hold it up to a .30-06' case and you will see the differance between the two.

Its original loading was a 220 grain roundnose (I think it was only loaded as such)
then i was redesigned and hence the great '06.

Don

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom

At a cartridge auction last July there were four 30-03 cartridges for sale. They went from $5 to $22. The $5 one had dents in the case, a split neck and a struck primer. The $22 one was a military round from 1903 and was in VG condition. Keep in mind that this was an auction, where people generally tend to bid higher than the items are worth. The 30-03s are not exactly scarce but not too common either. The commercial ones will probably be worth a little less that the military ones.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray & cal 30. I was wondering about value.
A friend has one, not I & if he wanted a price for it, I wanted a ball park figure idea.
ps. Ray, thanks for the payment for the ctg. boxes.
Regards, Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Bisonland

Did you not recieve my check for the postage? bewildered I sent it 12/31

Let me know if you have not gotten it and Ill
send another check.

Don

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey: Cal 30...received your check too. Thanks, I
forgot to mention it.
Best Regards, Tom

one of us
posted Hide Post
for Cal30: Re. Newton ctgs. The Newton ctgs.
made also included a .22 Newton...I think only made by the Newton Arms Co. The others Western & Speer made, except for the .22 Newton. Then there were
experimenters & gunsmiths who made a .375 Newton (.35 newton necked up to .375...which outdid the vaunted .375 H&H quite handily), and a .400 Newton (4 rifles from factory I heard) that was taken to Africa & used there. But these cartridges had to be made up by the user. Never cartridge company cartridges.
I have a .280 Newton Rifle & this cartridge was an experimental one that never went into production...at one time Western had it listed, but it was never produced. best Regards, Tom