THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB/WTT: .30 Adolph case and NA.CO cases.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted
I'm looking for a .30 Adolph case.

Buying or trading.

Possible trades: .25 Newton Special, made from a Peters .405 case, Speer .270 Newton, .270-4000 Niedner, made from a Western .30 Newton, .276 Newton, made from a 9.3x64 Brenneke case.

Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 182 | Location: Nord-Trøndelag-Norway | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Still looking for a .30 Adolph case.

Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 182 | Location: Nord-Trøndelag-Norway | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Lakelander

Is that not the exact same as a 30 Newton?

Kinda like a .275 Rigby and a 7x57 Mauser,

Correct me if I am wrong, I like correct headstamps myself.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
It's the same as the .30 Newton, but it would be nice to have the .30 Adolph headstamp...

Possible trades are .270 Newton, .25 Newton Special (.405 WCF case), .280 Newton (9.3x64 case), .276 Ackley Newton (.30 Newton case).

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Actually the 30 Adolph and the 30 Newton cartridge cases are not interchangeable ; the Adolph came in either a rebated rim (30-06 size bolt face size) or in a rim form (basically 404 Jeffery bolt face size) while the Newton came in a single rimless bolt face size comparable to a present day magnum bolt face. However, the cartridge bodies were identical and the Adolph rebated and Newton cases could be dropped fully into either chamber but Adolph bolt would not accommodate the Newton rim diameter and obviously the Adolph rim would not be retained by the Newton bolt face.

Lakelander,
Have you seen the www.newtonarmscompany.com website? I received an email from Larry Wales and checked out the website. Unfortunately they’re basing their Newton cartridge information solely from the traditionally undersize Western cartridge case dimensions...definately not a smart thing to do.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Jim,

There are different versions of the .30 Adolph, rimmed, semi-rimmed and rimless. The version with the NA.Co headstamp is a rimless version.

Here is a picture of some Adolph cartridges:

The version with the NA.Co headstamp:

I have seen the website you mention, unfortunately there are quite a few errors.

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
I know Newton produced the 30 Adolph under the N.A.C.O. headstamp but was unaware that it was rimless...figured it was either rimmed or rebated. Thanks...good info.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Still looking for a .30 Adolph case, as well as a NA.Co .35 Newton and a NA.Co .30 USG. Also looking doe a .40 Newton case fired in a .40 Newton rifle.

Have trades:

.25 Newton Special
.270 Newton
.270-4000 Niedner
.276 Ackley Newton
.280 Newton.

One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Still looking.

One of Us
Picture of atomiclab
posted Hide Post
interesting stuff.

I love the Newtons.

I am looking to add to my cartridge collection too.

I don't have the cartridge you are looking for, but I would like to BUY that 280 Newton cartridge if it is available.

and I hope this isn't a dead thread. Im good at finding dead threads.