one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Exactly what are you testing?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photo quality, GD .....

What do you think? Critique?!!

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a box collector, but I'd rate the 250Savage box "fair" at best, the other 2 are in "poor" condition.
Value for the cartridges themselves, maybe $1 each for the savage, perhaps $.25 each for the shotshells.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Photo quality, GD .....

What do you think? Critique?!!

What camera are you useing? Digital or film?

If possible try useing a slower shutter speed, no slower that 1/60 though, unless useing a tripod. By doing that you will be able to use a higher F stop (F/16 or F/32) & thereby increase the depth of field. Focus 1/3 of the way into what you want to be in focus. Notice that in your first & third photos the cartridge & shotgun shell arn't as sharp as the box's & the background. Thats due to a shallow depth of field. hope this helps a bit.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailgunner:
Not a box collector, but I'd rate the 250Savage box "fair" at best, the other 2 are in "poor" condition.
Value for the cartridges themselves, maybe $1 each for the savage, perhaps $.25 each for the shotshells.

Thanks for the info, Tailgunner.

I'm not a serious cartridge collector (as you can probably tell). These were just given to me(most of the boxes are full).

I was doing my annual spring inventory/cleanup had my digital camera set up on my desk, so decided to shoot them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What camera are you useing? Digital or film?

Digital Nikon COOLPIX 3100.

quote:
If possible try useing a slower shutter speed, no slower that 1/60 though, unless useing a tripod. By doing that you will be able to use a higher F stop (F/16 or F/32) & thereby increase the depth of field. Focus 1/3 of the way into what you want to be in focus. Notice that in your first & third photos the cartridge & shotgun shell arn't as sharp as the box's & the background. Thats due to a shallow depth of field. hope this helps a bit.

Thanks, GD. That does help.