New
Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 1776-1876
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have a peice of internal prime brass that looks like a short 45-70 appears to be a copper cartridge,on the back is stamped 1776-1876 with U S with a circle stamped in the center i think these were handed out at the 1876 world expo as souviners,any idea what its worth,i will try to post pictures this weekend thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
ho

You're correct about their origin. I think this same Q came up a while back. Do a search and maybe you'll find out what they are worth. In good shape it will be worth a few bucks - not exactly winning the lottery - but it should fetch a few Andy Jacksons. I'm going out of town until the first of next month otherwise I'd try to work a deal with you.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cheechako i may have taiked to you on the forum before about this cartridge ,if your interested i will hold oof for awhile. howard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ho:
i have a peice of internal prime brass that looks like a short 45-70 appears to be a copper cartridge,on the back is stamped 1776-1876 with U S with a circle stamped in the center i think these were handed out at the 1876 world expo as souviners,any idea what its worth,i will try to post pictures this weekend thanks
During a wildlife class field trip in south eastern az in the 60's we located an old dump with debris from the indian wars era found lots of 45-70 brass that had been stepped on & crushed by the soldiers to prevent the indians from reloading it.One of the students was a history buff and he explained what we found .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM me if you figure out what you want for it.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote