New
Find
Notify
Tools

38 rimfire long?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a few of these old cartridges. Any Idea what they are worth? Would anyone be interested in them? The case is copper colored, the bullets are lead and the lead is the same diameter as the case. Like a .22 long rifle. The lead measures .379 inches in diameter and they are 1.285 inches long.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Value depends on mostley - who made them and when , and general condition.Any details on headstamp available ?

Its not an uncommon cartridge but some of the variants are scarce , and therefore more desireable.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi muzza, these cartridges have absolutely no markings on them. Just a copper case with a lead bullet. I am not looking to make money on them, I would like to see them go to whoever can use them in their collection and I am curious about the maker, what they were used in etc. They were found in the basement of a pioneer home that was torn down to build a new home here in Utah. Thanks for your response. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
DW -

If you can provide good clear photos of the rounds to zztcg25@hotmail.com (remove the first two characters of the email address seen), 2x lifesize on profile and at leas that much of the base, I may be able to suggest a possible / probable maker. Depending on age, there are sometimes distinguishing marks ("tics") on the base from the loading process and some makers had very distinctive bullet designs.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll give it a try. I have not tried posting any photos yet so I guess I need to read the instructions. DW