Find
Notify
Tools

9mm rimfire shotgun shells
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are they a collectors item?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on vintage & Brand, not as collectable any more as Fiocchi currently sells new stuff.

m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 2 boxes are Winchester and it says for a mod 36 shot gun. I have a mod 36 also. One of the boxes says $4.99. I think they have been around for awhile.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m4220:
see link
http://www.rtgammo.com/
click other rimfire at top of page

also current auction
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=467466392

m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
Looks like I have others also.

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Probably are collectible. Box condition is important. At the International Cartridge Show at St. Louis (April 1-4 this year)two years ago I noticed one fellow had a large collection of these miniature shot shells.
They aren't my specialty but I did notice a lot of them were in a variety of checkerboard colors.
I also saw an ad in an old American Rifleman (50's or 60's) where the ammo was for sale and an article telling of how they were used in Europe for short range pest control.
In the U.S., Winchester had a miniature skeet shooting set up using their Model 36 rifle and their 9mm shot ammo.
Check on the IAA website. There may be back Q&A's that will help you define your ammo better.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote