New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lake City NM M72---Value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 480 rounds of Lake City NM M72 "Caliber .30 Match", in original, sealed paper boxes. The total is about equally divided between two lot #s, dated 1967.

The ammo has been stored in air tight metal ammo cans. The boxes can be described as virtually "as issued" condition.

Can someone please help me with the value of this?

Thank you.

TWL

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I posted a reply to your question in the "military surplus" forum.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Maybe what new commercial match ammol Match is worth, probably less. Shooter value.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you sell them as individual boxes for folks who have a Military Match rifle for display with their rifle, I'd guess $35/box.

If they were Viet Nam era they would bring more as some were used by M70 and M-1 equipped snipers.

Nice find !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Want to sell all of them for $1.00@ and I'll pay freight to Idaho?

I'm in travel status right now for three more weeks so no can do until then.
Now you know they are worth at least $1.00@!

I'd think about selling them though. They are pretty rare I do believe. I've put a lot of them down range while on a Army shooting team and they are really good stuff! Sniper quality in fact and good, really good, brass.

backspin

"The worst enemies of firearms are....rust and politicians!".

Posts: 28 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 18 October 2013Reply With Quote