10.4 Swiss C.F.Revolver Model 1878
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fellow Collectors,

I need the dimensions for the 10.4 centerfire Swiss Model 1878
service revolver cartridge.I have been unable to
find any into on this round.If anyone has one in
their collection will you measure it for me and post the measurements?

Thank you,
WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
tech details as follows;

Bullet diameter .423" - .425"
Case dia-neck .429" - .433"
head .439" - .441"
rim .527" - .531"

case length .783" - .787"
oaLength 1.240" - 1.256"

Velocity 607 ft. per second
Energy 157.6 ft/pds

Hope thats what you are after - 1st pattern cartridge had a copper case and outside lubed bullet , later production service ones had brass case and paper-patched solid lead projectile. Happy New Year and good collecting. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
muzza,

Thanks,that information was exactly what I was after.Even with the internet,it is sometimes
difficult to obtain information on some of the older european cartridges without human help.
WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
No sweat W.C. - thats what books are for . I figured I could never own every cartridge type ever made but I could at least have the information about them , so I try to do just that . And then - why have that information and not share it ?

Pleased to be of help , any other queries - just ask and someone will know the answer....

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote