Find
Notify
Tools

Old military shotshells.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted
I have a half dozen to dozen full boxes of Remington and Winchester military shotshells. They are all in unopened boxes. THey are No. 9 Chilled shot and I think number 8 chilled shot. Is there any interest in them here? I'm going ot sell them just htought I would ask here before I placed an ads elswhere. I will post pictures this evening.

Just let me know

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
The value of the shells will vary mightily depending on the box - which box and the condition. The plain manila boxes are the least valuable, commercial boxes with "US Property" overstamps much more so and some of the more obscure ones will bring three figure prices. If these are the latter, you likely would do better offering them at auction through someone like Vic Engel (vicengel@suscom.net) or Pete DeCoux (pdbullets@commspeed.net) than you will here or an online site. JMHO

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. As well as the ones I mentioned above, there are two of the latter stamped as you stated. I will try to find my camera (just moved) and get those pics. I am running about a week behind in all of my projects.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will do it one better.
I have a SEALED (NEVER OPENED) wooden crate of "Western 12 GA blah blah" shells stamped "U.S. Property" in black letters on the top of the crate.
Can you give me a value for them?
You can answer back at ShopCartRacing@aol.com

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay in getting to the pics, bee nreal busy.

Here they are: