New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cal 32 shotgun shell
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday I recieved a shotgun shell marked 14mm. It looks like a modern plastic round. Its made in europe by (if I remember it right) Fiochi in Italy.

If I compare in the "Cartridges of the world" it looks like it could be a cal 32.

Could it be that the european marking for the 32 is 14 mm?

[ 04-04-2003, 16:50: Message edited by: Thomas M ]

Posts: 240 | Location: Finland | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes. I've got a 32 gauge by Fiocchi headstamped FIOCCHI at the top, 32 at 3 & 9 o'clock and ITALY on the bottom. Another 32 gauge appears to have the identical case, except that it's only marked 14 mm, with the stamps both right side up, if you turn the stamp up. Hope that's clear. Both are low brass, red plastic case and with a top wad. Loaded case length is about 2 3/8" - 60 mm.

Bye
Jack

Posts: 176 | Location: Saskatchewan | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

It was a Mirage not a Fiochi (my memmory [Frown] )but it is probaly the same as Fiocchi in terms of marking european style.

[Smile]

Posts: 240 | Location: Finland | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We also so 8mm shotguns here, they are availiable in plastic or all brass cases, also a rimfire shotshell in .410(i think it is .410)

if anyone is intrested I have some 8mm shell I would happily send out.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
.410 calibre is 12mm - I have a 410 x 2" shell with " cal 36 " on the headstamp as well . Many of the European manufactured shells are marked 12mm , some have 12mm and 410 .
The rimfire shotshell mentioned sounds like one of the garden gun or cane gun type of cartridge.

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
...The rimfire shotshell mentioned sounds like one of the garden gun or cane gun type of cartridge.

Muzza

Did cane guns come as large as 12mm? I have a cartridge thar has a hs of '9mm CANNE'; it is loaded with shot. It's also a center-fire.

I don't know if cane-gun cartridges were made larger than that--do you?

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I suspect you are right on the cane gun , Capt., although I have seen one in .410.
Certainly all the references only speak of 9mm as the biggest, in centrefire or rimfire. Interesting all the same .

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
There are many versions of 12mm Cane cartridges. I have (in my database, not collection) references of loadings by Gaupillat, McCarthy & Gustaf Something-or-other offered for sale in the past 5 years in various venues. Some others, also, although the makers were not identified. Headstamps included terms such as CANNE 12 and CANNE 12m/m, some of them raised. Also a British box labeled "12mm Walking Stick."

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote