Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone interested in some 56-50 Spencers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CZ 550
posted
I recently ran across 7 56-50 spencer cartridges. If anyone is interested I'm selling them at $10 a piece.
Andy

Posts: 477 | Location: Olyphant Pennsylvania | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Maker, headstamp (if any) and condition? These would have to be nice ones to buy seven at this price, as that is pretty much market price for a single even before shipping cost is considered.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CZ 550
posted Hide Post
No head stamp, Smith & Wesson 1868 manufacture. What would you consider a fair price per cartridge, perhaps we could work a deal. I don't want to sound like a dick but I was offered more than this for them earlier, but figured I'd offer them to you folks first.
Andy

Posts: 477 | Location: Olyphant Pennsylvania | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
S&W never loaded the .56-50 and relied on other manufacturers to make the ammunition for their revolvers after 1860. Pictures would help. Generic rounds can bring somewhat more than $10, but not much unless they can be accurately attributed to one of the more obscure makers. Yours are probably C.D. Leet, which are not all that scarce. If you can do better elsewhere, in the absence of pictures and a better provenance, I'd advise you to take that money and run.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote