Find
Notify
Tools

St Louis International Cartridge Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
I just attended my first St Louis Cartridge Show and I was impressed with the variety of items but most importantly how nice, friendly and helpful people were. A gentlemen from New Zealand helped me look for cartridges at others tables. Sorry I forgot names but I was impressed. I was able to purchase a couple of cartridges I needed (246 Purdey and 577 REWA) and purchases a lot more that I didn't need. I also found out a couple of British cartridges that I was after never existed (242 Belted ...) Who knows where I got those ideas. I look forward to next year.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Well done . Back in the 1980s and 90s I attended the Chicagoland Cartridge Show and was amazed at what was available - and the friendliness of the people . Bit like being a kid in a really big candy shop

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The St. Louis cartridge show use to be the Chicagoland show. About 20 years ago they moved it to St. Louis. Did you go to the Thursday nite Seminars? Did you go to the Friday night banquet and live auction? Did you visit my tables?
Zac

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity;our gun shows are inundated with booths of t shirts,jams + jellies + other non associated items (God help us if we ever took a gun to sell in a SAMMI show).Are you plagued with the same mischief?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well here in Michigan some gun shows are worse then others. But for the most part it is not to bad. But the St. Louis International cartridge show (SLICS) is basically just collectible ammo no guns allowed. Unless they are part of an ammunition display and then it must be locked inside a display case. It is like heaven on earth to a cartridge collector.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I can believe that.If you have been to the regular gun shows you know the cops stop you at the door + check your weapon.Usually no problem,except in 76 I went to a show in Astro Hall in Houston+ the cops checking the door had 2 5 gal. drums full of ammo that folks were bring in in loaded guns. A pity;once again a few idiots tend to broad brush us to the public that has no real concept.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote