New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old cartridge Values
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where can I find the values of what old cartridges are worth. Is there a collectors value guide like those for guns and conis?

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sendaro

The magazine GUN REPORT published a series of lists covering just about every type of cartridge. The JOURNAL of the International Ammunition Association (IAA) reproduces these lists from time to time with updated prices. I don't know if GUN REPORT still exists or if back issues are available. The IAA JOURNAL is part of the Association membership's benefits. I belong. If you're interested, let me know.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheechako, I would like to get a copy of one of these reports. Is there one on line somewhere?

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sendaro

I don't know of any place they are on line unless GUN REPORT has a web site that may have them. But I doubt that. There are several. Rimfire, US Rifle, Metric Rifle, Shotshell, etc, etc. Maybe 8 or 10 total at a couple of pages each. I don't have a scanner but maybe I can snap a photo of one to send you so you can see what they look like. I have a pretty good digital camera and you can probably even read it if you have a way to load it into one of the photo-shop programs. Which one would interest you the most?

Got your e-mail and will answer soon.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,I'm interested in rimfire and US rifle cartridges. John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the retailers are selling collectable cartridge for is what they are worth. See my smartass comment on "Cartridges for collecting"

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote