Re: 70 Caliber Cartridge Identification
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It is a 700 DKT made by DKT. They used a 10 ton press to
swage a belt on a 50 BMG case.Shortened case.Use IMI
cases with sharp radius in the corner so as to be able to
crunch the belt on.Couldn't do it with LC cases with the big
radius in the corner.My wildcat belted 700 NE made by a different process uses LC brass and is stronger and safer.
And full length.ED.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Ed this is the one we talking about some weeks ago, another name is 700 Szecsei Sevenhundred Safari. I have had the over/under double rifle bolt action gun from Fuchs in Austria in my hands on the IWA in N�rnberg. Don't know if he had build more then one gun in this caliber but the one I have seen was very fine. He have only one dummy cartridge on this show and I believe it have another headstamp, maybe an american arsenal. See it that this was a reworked 50BMG brass and he told me that he is prepared for a CIP license in the proof house in Wien.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PWM-I heard they only built one. That was the one that
came unglued.that is why they only go to 50 cal sizes.
In the process of pushind or bending the belt on it made a already sharp corner in the case real sharp, and makes a crack or fault in the corner.. One let loose, and in that rear locking double bolt big
gun, it came apart.I have case sectioned here and it showed what not to do.If their cases are built like the first ones, they will never pass proof testing.And it is no ones fault, they didn't know any better.Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote