Find
Notify
Tools

Cold and hunger coming to America?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://thefederalistpapers.or...xZpEIciSldihF4N51pOE

Have any of you notice how many 'Americans' rely on food banks and other handouts? Now I know everyone here on this forum does not fit into such a category and that many here are relatively wealthy but the rest of us for sure do okay.

We are smart enough to know that rising fuel prices affect everything. We've had two years now of getting used to supply chain issues. I've thought for awhile things were really going to get bad and signs seem to agree.

While splitting wood yesterday I contemplated the situation as well as the link to that article. I will certainly be warm come winter and produce most of my own food. So where does that leave most people? I think some will realize what real hunger and what being cold really means. It's been many generations since families needed to bundle up to stay warm inside their homes. Many may be looking at the cost of food vs the cost of paying their heat bill. Truly awful.

What's worse is these people have zero life skills. They are largely dependent on the land of plenty providing for them.

I've seen people complaining about the cost of rent and LACK of rental housing available every time an article gets posted in the local news media pages about this. I wonder if it ever occurred to these people the reason why there is no where to live? Here's my thought on that. Where do we think the MILLIONS of illegals being flown and bused all over this country are going?

Confused

Yeah, filling up rentals which govt and NGO's are paying for.

Now back to the rising costs of things. ALL grains are going to be insane in prices. Hay will also double at minimum. Something as simple as store bought bread may also double or better.

These are not good thoughts.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, filling up rentals which govt and NGO's are paying for.

And who do you think owns the section 8 housing complexes...and the management companies that manage them...??? Not any different than the "Private" prisons. Clue.....enter Congress dirt poor, after twelve years net worth 16 million dollars.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It had also occurred to me that there are a couple of generations now of dads who grew up on a couch playing video games instead of tinkering on cars, small engines, carpentry, etc like dads used to teach their kids.

Moms work outside the home and don't cook, garden and preserve. No one teaching skills. Well, very few anymore.

No wonder people don't like their gender anymore.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I have raised my sons to have a good work ethic while also promoting various life skills through example. On a very minor level when they were young + although I did the cooking I made sure they learned how to cook + do the laundry. I told them many times that you are not going to marry some girl + expect her to do that for you. My boys grew up in a sheet metal shop + although that is not the trade they have chosen, they know how to do it, as well as work on cars, basic plumbing + electrical, etc. But you are right, there are a vast majority of people out there who have no concept on how to make it on their own. BTW, I just paid my quarterly propane bill. It is now at $3.10 a gallon, + I just filled up my truck today with regular at $3.69 a gallon.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
$4.00 a gallon here in AZ right now.

Oh yea I run into people all the time that might not be able to tie their own shoe laces.

If something bad happened.

Not just young ones.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Well, I have raised my sons to have a good work ethic while also promoting various life skills through example. On a very minor level when they were young + although I did the cooking I made sure they learned how to cook + do the laundry. I told them many times that you are not going to marry some girl + expect her to do that for you. My boys grew up in a sheet metal shop + although that is not the trade they have chosen, they know how to do it, as well as work on cars, basic plumbing + electrical, etc. But you are right, there are a vast majority of people out there who have no concept on how to make it on their own. BTW, I just paid my quarterly propane bill. It is now at $3.10 a gallon, + I just filled up my truck today with regular at $3.69 a gallon.

Randy, one of the reasons (and there were many) I left the northeast for lower midwest was the cost of living. Propane was near $4 a gallon there. The heating season was a good 8 months (LONG cold winters) and I put up many cords of firewood as well. Insane.

If what is going on keeps up many people will suffer. This graph, for those who can read one, show exactly what election consequences look like.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
p-dog, I know you're right we see it all the time of the inept. When my son went to basic in the Navy about 25 years ago he told me that literally there were guys there who didn't know how to tie their shoes or had ever used a pencil. Unfortunately, the one thing they can do is breed.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is what it is, Ill deal with one crisis at a time, planning doesn't do much in such cases, plan B generally works a little better, Hit and run is your only good bet..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't raise wheat in arkansas so I have an extra bag of flour. I can raise corn and have a corn grinder so I can make hoe cakes. We gather medicinal plants , raise garden. Meat in the freezer and in jars etc. Fish in pond.n Cordage, unless you can make it best to have on hand.

This spring I have one grand daughter at a time teaching them making fire with bow drill etc of old ways. I am not sure what they will face in the future so I will teach them what the land can provide.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Posts: 514 | Registered: 28 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Fisk:
I can't raise wheat in arkansas so I have an extra bag of flour. I can raise corn and have a corn grinder so I can make hoe cakes. We gather medicinal plants , raise garden. Meat in the freezer and in jars etc. Fish in pond.n Cordage, unless you can make it best to have on hand.

This spring I have one grand daughter at a time teaching them making fire with bow drill etc of old ways. I am not sure what they will face in the future so I will teach them what the land can provide.

Good plan. Few teach skills anymore.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, so few know the skills to teach, + that is a downward spiral. The current young generation is in general a wasteland of spoiled brats who cling to the concept that they are entitled to everything just by being alive. Not all of course, but too damned many, + this has really happened in only 2 generations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The current young generation is in general a wasteland of spoiled brats who cling to the concept that they are entitled to everything just by being alive. Not all of course, but too damned many, + this has really happened in only 2 generations.

There is currently in process and accelerating a "great CULLING".
Find a place to Hide.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, so few know the skills to teach, + that is a downward spiral. The current young generation is in general a wasteland of spoiled brats who cling to the concept that they are entitled to everything just by being alive. Not all of course, but too damned many, + this has really happened in only 2 generations.

What kills me is these parents all say "we don't want our kids to have to work so hard". I look at them with wonder and say, but working 'so hard' is what made you the person you are. Why wouldn't you want them to work hard and learn?

My comments just get lost... I can see it in their faces. Vapor lock in their brains. When I say they are doing no favors to their kids they just get mad.

Another symptom of the insanity is the fur-baby syndrome. Overfed untrained dogs being treated as if they are human babies instead of dogs. They dress them in clothes, push them in baby carriages, take them to grocery stores, use harnesses that cause undisciplined pulling and tugging dogs yanking the owners arms out of the sockets. No manners. It's always entertaining to me to see 100 pound dogs jerking their owner nearly off their feet. Yeah, fur-baby.

It's as if simply being a dog is no longer allowed. Crazy times.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
I always want to tell women who tell be that a dog is their baby.

So you are telling me you have regular sex with dogs.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plenty of men doing that too.

'Fur babies' are why we have wolves in the lower 48 again. Why the fur industry (a perfectly wonderful renewable resource) has died, why ground nesting birds which DO target ticks have disappeared (coons, skunks, possums, etc all nest raiders). People wonder why quail struggle, now are noticing turkey decline, same with woodcock, whippoorwill, etc. Dumb people.

~Ann