THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Preparing For The Unknown    Any "Prepping/Survival" FORUMS you would suggest...???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any "Prepping/Survival" FORUMS you would suggest...???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It is all in the title.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen a variety of state based groups on facebook.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just type in the words 'prepping survival forums" and see just how many there are. Quite a few. Suggestions of which sites to follow are really up to your discretion.

Posts: 18528 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Just type in the words 'prepping survival forums" and see just how many there are. Quite a few. Suggestions of which sites to follow are really up to your discretion.

Actually, the best ones are not findable through that method.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah, the dark web, eh?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ah, the dark web, eh?

NO.....not dark web.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. elaboration, please.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are "closed" forums, accessible only by invitation. Generally restricted to small number.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:
They are "closed" forums, accessible only by invitation. Generally restricted to small number.

Roll Eyes

Well, all I can say is people are either prepped or not by now. No internet forum will change things.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:

Well, all I can say is people are either prepped or not by now. No internet forum will change things.
{QUOTE]

Few are "PREPPED". Of the great wave of those who list themselves as "PREPARED", nearly "ALL" are delusional.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not gonna argue that. There are 'nuts' in all walks of life. You know this. I do admire people who at least try to prepare and be as self sufficient as possible. It's not an easy way to live.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But it's really not so hard either, especially if one has lived that way most of their lives. When I was a kid staying with my grandparents, that was their normal way of life. + I have always respected + emulated that lifestyle. Now, for someone coming out of the blue, you bet it would be more than just culture shock. I can certainly understand the close selection of survival sites new members. One does not get this far + amass supplies, etc., only to tell the world what they have.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gung ho Joe's abound on the 'net & may not be much help. Agreed. I think a person of reasonable intelligence should rely on their own instincts for survival in case of a national attack. Carry as little weight as possible to keep mobile. Guns, several disposable lighters in a zip lock freezer bag, ammo food water, canned food, back pack, tent etc. The company you keep is as important as any game plan. Might be a good idea to pick a remote meeting place for some friends/family. Cheers.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear this "town talk" a lot like what fireams will I need to protect myself for WW3, been told I need an AR..

The way I see it nobody get through a war of any kind without losing loved ones..If I need an
AR I will shoot some enemy with my 270 or 220 swift at 400 yards and go get his AR after dark. but the 270 and 220 won't work well against a invisible aircraft blowing up my home or camp and half a mountain top with one zap??..Boys its all BS.. There will be more survivalist pissing down their leg than putting up a fight, warning sighs don't mean squat in an apocalypse.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post