New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Starter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I recall at a younger age dad told me to build a fire in our sleeping tent, so I filled the stove with rich pitch pine, tossed a match in the stove and booom, it burned all the tents down and an acre of forest, no problem back in the day other than getting my ass whipped with a Nylon rope running in circles around my dad, but all is well that ends well, that being he grabbed the rope and not one of the steel traps~~that was as bad as the day my brother and I blew up a case of dynamite and caved a mountain side down on dads new PU..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lint from the close dryer while on foot, a bunch of it will go in a back pocket...5 gallon can in the tent in elk camp soaked in Kerosene a spoonful starts the fire..first of all done be without wood matches ever..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That needs to be said twice, NEVER BE WITHOUT WOOD MATCHES! Also dip their tips into nail polish to keep them waterproof; just like primers.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post