Notify
Tools

What’s in your bug out bag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What’s in your bug out bag?
What are you using for the bag?
A backpack or something tactical or camp oriented?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27587 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still have my Kelty D-4 backpack from my hiking days. A 10-gallon plastic water jug fits in it neatly. Energy bars + basic medical supplies + a lot of 22 ammo. Extra socks. Toothbrush + floss. A couple of rolls of T.P. (if you can find it today) not necessary but nice to have. Trust me, no matter what you have, you will have forgotten something.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trust me, no matter what you have, you will have forgotten something.

Yep.

Posts: 18516 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I honestly do not have a bug-out bag. I don't need one since I live where I do.

~Ann

Posts: 19121 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Like Ann I don't have a bug out bag, I'm so involved in the EMS/Disaster Preparedness structure here I'm pretty much guaranteed to do what I want being an essential person on a few different levels. Now I can see the use for a "get home bag" but the main things to have in that are proper EMS/ESDA/FEMA credentials so you can get back home, and keep the business cards of all the other ES beauracrats with them so you can tell whoever is manning the roadblocks to call them for authorization to let you pass. Since that is extra work for them they have always just let me pass through.

ANN:
Your sig line always reminds me of this Far Side cartoon:

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7752 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy who worked the jewelry counter in "Joskes" Dept. store in the 70s. His opinion was to put ones money into precious metals (gold, jewels, etc.) He said that if it ever hit the fan you can put that in your pocket + go however if you have your investment in land, you need to stay there to keep it. Well, I keep my investment in land but he did have a point. Another jewelry sales tidbit he passed along that I have found is true; when a woman comes to the counter, show her the cheapest thing 1st. When a man comes to the counter, show him the most expensive thing 1st. Women by nature are shoppers + will historically never buy the 1st thing they are shown while men are in a hurry + don't want to be there anyway + generally just say "Fine, just wrap it up."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are bugged in and don’t need to bug out unless you have to leave your property. A big out bag should be in your car at all times IMHO for when you need to get to your bug in location.

quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I honestly do not have a bug-out bag. I don't need one since I live where I do.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27587 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post