New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far will it go?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With the growing violence and destruction of inner cities do any of you think the burbs will be next? I do. Main reason is the move for defunding police. Citizenry is allowing it. No one is fighting back.

That said, are you where you want to be if that happens? What are your plans if 'burbia and say grocery stores go up in flames? Ready?

~Ann

Posts: 19124 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Country people are less likely to put up with this Tom Foolery and have guns. This is an urban issue mostly.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Country people are less likely to put up with this Tom Foolery and have guns. This is an urban issue mostly.

It is but most people live in suburbia, not rural America.

~Ann

Posts: 19124 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very true. Having guns is definitely in the right direction as well as keeping a food + water source available. I remember my ex-mother in law in Dallas telling me years ago that her worst fear was being the last one on the block with a bottle of water.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True enough Ann. But as the age-old adage goes about rats leaving a sinking ship, so will the vermin of suburbia head out for "easy pickings" Big Grin?. I know, it sounds like paranoic thoughts but as they say, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you." Really, when I was a kid + in the Boy Scouts my scoutmasters were all WW2 vets + hated communism + taught us one helluva lot; not like the scouts of today. The motto still applies, "Be Preparded"!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something I have always been uncomfortable with is everytime there is some sort of shit storm in the cities I have numerous friends who say they are coming to my house if they get burned out of their homes. I really do not want them here as they have zero skills. They will find the front gate locked.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! When we were small children we were told the Aesop fable of "The Grasshopper + the Ants" Seems that way too many folks today have no clue or knowledge of history or common sense. As to the influx issue, I have been told the same with the addition that since I reload ammo I should share, etc., well you get the picture.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you ask how far will it go?
It will go as far as we let it go.
I'm thinking if more cities/towns react like they did in Idaho, people standing up for what is right, we will see a decrease in the riots and looting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_q2RwbXZU

Posts: 318 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronco:
I'm thinking if more cities/towns react like they did in Idaho, people standing up for what is right, we will see a decrease in the riots and looting.

And those uber rich liberals in St. Louis who brought their guns out on their doorstep when their gate was crashed by a mob are now under prosecution from what I understand.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would not really surprise me in the insanity of the times, however; I fully endorse armed presence to repel looters. Let us NEVER forget that rapine, looting.+ murder prevention is justifiable: otherwise, we become part of the problem. I openly applaud the citizens in Idaho + the couple protecting their own. The current malaise reminds me of the French revolution in the era of late 18th century France. "EAT THE RICH!" Not much new under the sun, including intelligence. Mores the pity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. My development has plenty of Second Amendment folks-all prepared to do what needs to be done if need be.

Posts: 18517 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
Originally posted by ronco:

And those uber rich liberals in St. Louis who brought their guns out on their doorstep when their gate was crashed by a mob are now under prosecution from what I understand.

It looks like the governor will pardon them if there are charges filed.

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...-if-they-are-charged

Posts: 318 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He better. This is a castle law and also open carry state.

While I certainly disagree with city politics and libtards in general I think it is ironic these folks are being attacked by their 'own'. St. Louis and especially the wealthy folk that live there are hard core liberals. Generally gun haters too.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Ann, you know the old adage, "A conservative is a past liberal who has been mugged." It's always a wake-up call when it happens to YOU!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
He better. This is a castle law and also open carry state.

While I certainly disagree with city politics and libtards in general I think it is ironic these folks are being attacked by their 'own'. St. Louis and especially the wealthy folk that live there are hard core liberals. Generally gun haters too.

An update, they have been charged.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7Kz&ocid=mailsignout