New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far will it go?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not surprised. Need a few more goats to pacify the black masses. I see both sides here. It is very not kosher to wave firearms about threateningly but it also is admissable to protect yourself + possessions from radical looters. Considering the climate of the day I can understand their concern. I would have been armed as well so I am casting no stones. The Antifa group has brought this reaction to themselves.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I imagine city people truly live in fear in many cases. All the rioting and looting is for certain magnifying their fear. Now we have seen that prosecutors will not arrest and charge people who are causing the issue in the first place. None of the 'gate crashers' have been charged or arrested.

I can say if people crashed my gate I might be inclined to point a firearm their way too.

~Ann

Posts: 19128 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No surprise there. Common sense in this era has gone the way of the Dodo. GOD, I hope not, but I fear for the worst. I can go out tomorrow + no big deal, my boys are grown + can deal, my grandkids concern me however as to what they are inheriting. Oh + off + on the subject here, how about that Kamala Harris? Right out of the box anti-gun but then her statement that when she was instated that she would see that anyone who was a Trump supporter would be "punished". A lot about that statement that I don't like.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe there will be big trouble for awhile no matter who wins this election. Smart people will be prepared, that's all.

~Ann

Posts: 19128 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Based upon the events and the all out resistance that began after the election of 2016, smart people will be prepared, as Ann wisely states.

Posts: 18520 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True. This has always been a mindset issue for me so this preparedness is not new. So many out there are clueless however + live from day to day. A good case in point is how many folks I know are coming up + wanting to buy my reloaded ammo. It's not for sale. Sure a box or 2 for someone who is desperate, I'll give some to, but those who fail to plan, I don't have much sympathy for. Even as children we were told the story of "The Grasshopper + The Ants". It made an impression on me at a young age but evidently not too many others. Another quote that my Grandfather used when I was growing up was "Can't died in the poorhouse".That one has stuck with me all my life + based my work ethic + have passed it on to my sons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
True. This has always been a mindset issue for me so this preparedness is not new. So many out there are clueless however + live from day to day. A good case in point is how many folks I know are coming up + wanting to buy my reloaded ammo. It's not for sale. Sure a box or 2 for someone who is desperate, I'll give some to, but those who fail to plan, I don't have much sympathy for. Even as children we were told the story of "The Grasshopper + The Ants". It made an impression on me at a young age but evidently not too many others. Another quote that my Grandfather used when I was growing up was "Can't died in the poorhouse".That one has stuck with me all my life + based my work ethic + have passed it on to my sons.

I am always surprised at finding out quite a few people have never heard the grasshopper/ant story before.

Anyway, I just pulled four huge purple Cherokee tomatoes off the vine and will make a BLT for dinner tonight out of one of them.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT...

quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I believe there will be big trouble for awhile no matter who wins this election. Smart people will be prepared, that's all.

So, things are 'progressing'. Are you?

Comments?

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
With the growing violence and destruction of inner cities do any of you think the burbs will be next? I do. Main reason is the move for defunding police. Citizenry is allowing it. No one is fighting back.

That said, are you where you want to be if that happens? What are your plans if 'burbia and say grocery stores go up in flames? Ready?

Burn baby burn! tu2 dancing

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And now we have a severe weather event that has affected a huge number of people.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. Today my son went to the major grocery store when it opened. The line was 300 yds. long to enter. He waited for 1 1/2 hrs to get in. About 4 hours later we got a message from my daughter in laws aunt that said that all the HEB groceries in central Tx. had closed as there was nothing more on the shelves. This will improve along with the weather/road conditions but as I have said before; this is a wake-up call. I remember my ex-mother-in-law saying years ago, "I don't want to be the last person on my street with a bottle of water." O.K., I can't help it, I just have to interject this statement one time + then I'll let it go." With conditions like these + potential others, the government would disarm the people???" Point made.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Horrible situation but it is going to continue!

I recently purchased a few more IBC totes to expand my garden further for 2021. I have all my seed acquired. Best get your orders in ASAP if you don't have this detail done. USPS is imploding and other shipping options will begin to experience problems too.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
most of the seed people have been talking a shortage since at least the start of December.

that would be right when seeds were being packaged and shipped.

I been seeing seeds in some places for 2 months now and others won't show theirs on the floor until late April.

I think I got what i'll be getting for this year already, and maybe some for next year too.

the garden will get expanded this spring too.
I'm going to do a remodel to one section, make more room in a smaller area.
then bring in about 10 tons of dirt, and gravel.

I'm also testing a new way to get more heat into the dirt and hopefully retain it longer to expand the growing season another 2-3 weeks.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Nickols nursery over the years for the seeds, as they are NGO, but I will confess to going to my local greenhouse supply for my tomato starting plants. Usually beefsteak + porters for canning + sweet 100s for eating on a regular basis.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I save seeds and also try some new varieties every year. I bought some really unusual tomato varieties to try.

~Ann