New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urban farmer success
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

How some of the homeless in Portland are handling the situation. For sure a survivor for the upcoming 3rd world status of the USA.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker

Posts: 18516 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda weird they chose Silkies though. Some nondescript commercial layer mixes would have been a better choice.

They will also find out soon enough their fencing won't keep out coons, possums and dogs.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the country, city folks. Wink

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enter a bit of humor here. Remember the mid-60s sitcom "Green Acres"? I can still see Pat Burtrum, as Mr. Haney weaseling out his constant comment, "Now Mr. Douglas, I have just what you need." That was a very fun show brought to you by Paul Hennig (the Beverly Hillbillies) that the whole premise (instated by Earl Scruggs) would not make fun of country folks, only city. It was a formula that worked.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it did! tu2

Posts: 18516 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know, I could watch them today just like the Beverly Hillbillies + laugh my ass off even now; it's truly not dated, but if the millennials find it so; screw em.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Silkies vs production chickens . . .

Think of the mindset/knowledge here.

They don't know show chickens from any other, they saw they for sale some place!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4220 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Silkies can't even fly. They are good broody hens though.

~Ann