New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel prices
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of very nice vehicles lined up on food shelve day. waiting for their free bag of goodies.

My daughter helped at a local church with their food program.

They had some type of arrangement with stores in the Mpl's St.Paul area.

A semi would show up with stuff they were getting rid of.

The church would then hand it out.

At the end of the day the workers would get their pick of what was left.

One time I got 100lb of onions. Spent a couple days chopping them bagging and freezing.

My daughter said many people turned their nose's up at perfectly good items.

A lot of the left over produce went to hogs and chickens.

The only people who are truly hungry in the USA as so by their own fault or their parents fault.

Mainly substance abusers.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. Mainly drug users.

When we had the covid lock downs I was shocked to see all the lazy parents with their $$$$ pick ups and SUVs lined up at the closed down schools for 'free' breakfast and lunches. None of them are poor if they were driving those big beasts.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! A few years ago I was in the check out line at the grocery store + this fat woman with a darker complexion than mine was offended when she couldn't buy dog food with her food stamps but then said, "That's all right, I'll just go + get me some hamburger." Along those same lines although I have mentioned this before; on your phone bill you will find among many a charge called Universal Charge. That is whats paying for welfare recipients free cel phones.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Putin has completely screwed up global energy markets and differentials across different geographic markets.

sounds good if you say it real quick, but a bunch of other factors as well, Greed by speculators being one.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can't talk that quick.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post