New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel prices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Filled up a couple of days ago for $4.19 that was $3.69 a week ago. Word from our Congressman is that there might very well be prices above $6.00 in the near future. Does anybody have any idea what those traitorous idiots in Washington are doing? No drilling our own oil, no pipeline but we can buy from Venezuala + support a communist regime.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fuel was $4.60 in all the states I crossed to go to Michigan (there too) this past week. I saw a few places nearby my place last evening still at $3.99 but most are $4.10 here now.

Going to get much worse. I do not think it will slow the vacationers down. The 'people' are hell bent on their summer recreation for sure and are gonna spend a wad anyway. My 12 hour drive was a testament to that. Lots of people pulling large campers, etc.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mom + her husband have always had a travel trailer + spent their summers in the parks, etc. But at their age they just need to stay at home now + fortunately they sold their camper last year before the gas went nuts. She just needs to stay at home with her sewing machine + reruns of "Gunsmoke".

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronco:
$3.89 for 85 octane unleaded.
$5.29 for diesel.
Northeast of Denver.

Our gas jumped to $4.19, must because of the Memorial Weekend coming up.
Diesel is still the same.

Posts: 322 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, prices always rise on a holiday. That started a long time ago, I think under Clinton?

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$4.39 in Texarkana today.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, even before that, I recall under Carter that they were doing the every other day you could buy gas depending on your license w/ odd or even #'s. This was in the late 70s + once again when under Democratic rule, the economy tanked. I was with a few other guys in the van looking for work up north Texas way but got stranded for a day because of the license plate # clause. Never found any jobs either. Times have changed somewhat but the liberal mindset (or lack of) has not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Intering "coincidences" here. Under Carter's administration, the Shah gets ousted in 79 + the Ayatolla steps in + we have severe oil shortages + the birth of Islamic extremism. HMMM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crop harvests are going to be very expensive.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update
$7.20 for diesel today.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Insane. The ignorant masses are only concerned about getting their summer vacations in so they are spending away. Come autumn, they may regret that decision.

Makes me think of my grandparents. They lived through the Great Depression and have to be rolling in their graves right now.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the early stages of a long and painful (for many fatal) worldwide SHTF. Most preppers are expecting a yucky "Inconvenience" they are going to get Horrific.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are Americans enjoying their war yet? I remember all sorts of "Death before Dishonor" posts when Russia invaded Ukraine. Chicken Hawks foaming at the mouth for a war. To date, no American boots on the ground, but guess what, wars are unpredictable. And this one has lead to oil, gas, food shortages, and how are American's liking that?

That and the Biden's administration war on oil, gas, nuclear power in the United States. The US is going Green! Given the European and US embargo on Russian oil and gas, and Biden's active throttling of the fossil fuel sector, well, are liberals happy now? Is America happy now?

And if these Chicken Hawks get us into an Asian war, I promise, you will like it less. How do you think about food and fuel coupons? Anyone remember those during WW2?, probably not. You get so much food, fuel, automotive, etc, allotted to you. I am also sure, being a White Woke will not help boost the the number of coupons received. Just as the leopard can't change its spots, whites, regardless of their Wokeness, will still be the oppressor, and those sending out the coupons will be eyeballing distribution based on equity.

A real shooting war with a major power is easy to create. Ending one is a little harder, and it is no fun in the mid term. Want some more?, get some, get some.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
0biden and clan has made it clear they are going to take all fossil based energy away.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
0biden and clan has made it clear they are going to take all fossil based energy away.

It really does not matter.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post