New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel prices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seeing diesel at well over $5 a gallon. Was $5.40 yesterday. How about your area?

Does not seem to be slowing down. Gasoline, 89, runs about $3.79 here now.

I run diesel in my tractor and premium no ethanol in my small engines. I also use a variety of fuel treatments and stabilizers. No doubt those costs will rise.

I don't drive my autos very much since I do not commute for a job anymore which is a bonus for my finances. Though spring, for ag supplies, is my busiest time for driving.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Diesel in south GA is about $5.10

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Diesel in south GA is about $5.10

About the same price in North Florida.

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$3.89 for 85 octane unleaded.
$5.29 for diesel.
Northeast of Denver.

Posts: 321 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome I personally love it.

I am heavily invested in renewable diesel.

Oil is at $109 wit and $112 Brent.

Crack spreads have been bouncing between $40-$80. Crazy crack prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_spread

Putin has completely screwed up global energy markets and differentials across different geographic markets.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Do you see any sort of crash for your profits in the near future? I noted the stock market was unhappy at the end of this past week.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Mike,

Do you see any sort of crash for your profits in the near future? I noted the stock market was unhappy at the end of this past week.

I don’t like the market

I hate tech and have hated it for a while. It was a massive rates bet and rates are rising.

I hate crypto - fraud all around.

I don’t like energy commodity cause I worry peace could break out and oil crashes.

I like renewables diesel - dense carbon alternative with lower carbon footprint.

I would be very careful allocation capital to this market.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately many rely on the stock market. I was listening today about crypto on a radio program. I kind of liken crypto to the emperors new clothes. Nothing there!

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Roth IRA is tied to the stock market. Got my monthly statement 2 days ago; I lost 6K last month.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
My Roth IRA is tied to the stock market. Got my monthly statement 2 days ago; I lost 6K last month.

That kind of thing was why I got out of it and spent the money on land.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did that years ago, my land is all paid for now + has been for years + in the clear but that could all change overnight without the money to pay the ever increasingly greedy taxman. I figured out in my 30s (should have been earlier) that at my current age that I was at my working optimum + doing little better than breaking even, then I needed to start saving for later on. NONE of the investments are risk free. Most monies can be lost due to the stock exchange + properties can be lost through excess taxation or the new one "Eminent Domain". I knew a jeweler years ago who said that jewelry, precious stones,e.g. were the best investment. Land can be kept if you sit on it to protect it, but jewels you can put in your pocket + go. Just his thoughts. I did put my money in land but like to keep a cash fudge factor.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, once suburbia encroaches you essentially lose control of your land. Taxes, rules and more (like crime as an example) begin to take that freedom away. Even if you hold the title.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, how well I know. When I moved here, the beauty was the fall back in time. One lane back roads that everyone was curteous enough to pull over + let another pass + everyone waving at each other whether they knew you or not. The closest place to eat was a few miles away, The Leander Cafe + had a waitress with the cat glasses + beehive hairdo + the juke box hadn't been changed since 1952. I loved that then + still do but that old world simplicity has gone; mores the pity + we are faced with a yuppie influx that thinks that their change is better for EVERYONE (them) I freely admit that I'm tilting windmills.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Officially $4 a gallon for reg unleaded now in my area.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had to stop for diesel last Sunday on hwy 5 on the way to Pismo Beach. Paid $6.99 9/10... So,
$7.00. Found a Chevron in Sacramento that had diesel for $6.30. I topped off my tank. I saw a sticker after the fact that said,
"95% Biomass-Based Diesel Blend".
"Contains more than 20% biomass-based diesel or biodiesel"
I wish I saw that sooner. Lucky I was topping off. Mileage definitely dropped.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post