New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expect things to happen fast now.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
And make a diligent effort to keep a close eye on Europe & England. Their "hell" has started, we should be three to six months lagging. (I Pray)

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, with winter coming it will be easy to make things very hard for city people.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...nergy-biden-economy/

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1585 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at the grocery store today + noticed that they are already rationing how much water you can purchase; not to mention the grocery prices in general. No point in going on to talk about the prices of everything else as well. And the liberals still think he's doing a good job. Whistling

Posts: 4182 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
I was at the grocery store today + noticed that they are already rationing how much water you can purchase; not to mention the grocery prices in general. No point in going on to talk about the prices of everything else as well. And the liberals still think he's doing a good job. Whistling

Here the farm store was rationing hay bales two days ago. No more than five per person per day. I had gone to get a few bales of straw for the critters to bed in. I also noticed quite a few empty shelves in the grocery. I bet it is worse today. Blizzard is here. I was supposed to donate blood today but no way getting out to do so.

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you just need to stay at home. That norther that blew in down here in central Texas has brought us down to nighttime single digits, I KNOW that you are having it much worse where you are. Tomorrow is my Mom's + stepdads 51s anniversary, so in spite of what my sister tells her about staying off the road, she WILL go to the hospital. We are all going over to their place on Christmas as we feel that she needs a lot of family around. Everyone is bringing something. Being together, that's what family is all about.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, I hope your mom does okay. Hoping your roads aren't slippery.

Everyone seems to be feeling this cold in the lower 48. My well house froze even with a quartz heater running in it so no water to the house.

I had my second well updated three years ago to pitless. It is working as the hydrant is not frozen so I have to carry buckets of water everywhere for the next few days. I tried to get the house well updated and had the money right when covid started and people were fleeing the cities to build their barndominiums out here.

Pump guys kept saying they were too busy with new construction and employees not showing up to work. Now here I sit...

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Breaking News from Newsmax.com

Buffalo Residents Search for Food After Blizzard

NEWSMAX
Buffalo Residents Struggle to Find Food, Essentials After Blizzard

By Charlie McCarthy | Tuesday, 27 December 2022 08:35 AM EST

Western New York residents struggled to find food, medicine, and other essentials following a deadly blizzard that blanketed the area.

At least 27 people have died in Erie County, which includes Buffalo, where the two largest supermarket chains have been closed since Friday.
The "once-in-a-lifetime" storm closed roads, cut off electricity and forced the closure of many stores, including pharmacies.

It was unclear when major supermarkets in the area will reopen.

Scott McCandless, a 54-year-old resident in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, told NBC News that his Christmas dinner consisted of a bowl of generic cinnamon toast crunch.

"There are no stores open. It's whatever you can grab," McCandless told NBC News.

McCandless added that after his driveway was finally plowed at 9 a.m. Monday, he set out looking for open grocery stores as his food supply had dwindled.

"I drove 3 miles, then 5 miles in my car, and nothing was open," McCandless told NBC News. "I gave up."

A hotel less than 3 miles from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport was challenged to serve three meals a day to more than 80 guests.
"We are trying to survive as much as we can," said Leven Oxmaul, a front desk clerk at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, told NBC News.
"We are kind of running out of food. It's really frustrating. The guests as well are losing their patience. We can't go anywhere. We're buried in the snow."

Some Buffalo residents have taken to social media to seek assistance.

One person on a Facebook account dedicated to storm recovery asked for spare diapers for twin infants, another for cold medicine for a sick toddler, and multiple people requested baby formula.

"Running really low on food, been stuck in our house," one Buffalo resident wrote. "Slightly starting to panic when I looked outside and seen it snowing more."

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said he hoped some of the Buffalo suburbs would be able to lift driving bans Tuesday. That would allow Tops Friendly Markets and Wegmans Food Markets to resume business.

Poloncarz said supermarkets have been allowed to get replacement shipments while officials were coordinating food transports to shelters, emergency responders, and people stuck inside who may be running out of food.

"That is a concern we are working on," Poloncarz said. "I do feel for the folks out there. You do have my deepest, deepest apologies."

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said about 10,000 people in the city remained without power on Monday afternoon, NBC News reported.

© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad to see. A person should always be prepared as well as possible. And no, I will not share with an outsider. I spent the time and money to do so.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too many do not prepare. I don't know if it is that they don't know how, they are ignorant or-just believe in pixie dust making it right?

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recall reading about Field Marshall Calvet, of Napoleon's troops in the retreat from Moscow, saying how he once dined on the rump roast of a corporal..... "Waiter, Donner, party of 5." That's all well + funny but the reality is as you say, mostly ignorant folks. Sometimes that becomes too much to believe, that people have lived that much of their lives being not just ignorant, but stupid too. Let me give you a case in point (I have reported this here before). I was in the Safeway grocery + waiting at the meat counter to talk with the butcher about my cut. This woman was in front of me + ordered something that he didn't have on the rack + told her that he would go in back + take it off the side. She says, "The side of what?!"He says, why a side of beef, of course. She immediately goes ape shit batty + starts screaming about going to the SPCA, ad nauseam. He + I made eye contact. He was an employee + could not insult a customer, but I was not so restrained. I laughed my ass off right there in front of God + seven other white men. It still gives me pleasure in the memory of the result + the abhorrence in the ignorance of way too many Americans these days.