New
Find
Notify
Tools

One weapon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, current military calibers have always been a plus for obvious reasons. But then there is the transport issue. With the 22 L.R. I can put a couple thousand rounds into an old sock + hang it from my belt. All are good ideas, just some are more practical to different situations. Unfortunately, if the shit hit the fan, those options would go out the window.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suppressed 22LR with night vision.

Posts: 8489 | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right you are.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
That would work, providing the young bucks could read. Wink

Do workplace safety regulations make it necessary to put directions on those things ? Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 with an RMR and a threaded barrel. With that gun, 147 gr sub Sonic’s, and a can I have a good defensive firearm, I am quiet when I choose to be with the can added and if I run into miscreants I also have more guns now.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1042 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quad 50s on the back of my jeep, with a 22 rifle and all the ammo I could carry flame

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:
.475 LINEBAUGH 4 3/4" Freedom Arms. (See my problems Post SHTF will be the same as Pre-SHTF. Alaska Coastal Brown Bears "everywhere").

I would bet you are not going to have a lot of folks bothering you if things crash.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will have to carry it all, and steal ammo; the 22 LR will be king then. Exotic calibers will become good trot line sinkers.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 1911 with a 22 LR conversion unit works well.
I have one and its the cat's meow.(2 calibers)

There are advantages and disadvantages: you can always cachet weapons in large plastic tubing/PSP
burial sites. That was done in Europe-WWII.
It worked.

Either way, one may run into a large stash of ammo;
it would be nice to have rifles to shoot it with.
Well made scoped rifles work: human nature is
discouraged by accurate rifle fire.
Perhaps 308-06-270-12 GA is the formula for the new 1984.
ADM Yamamoto discouraged a land invasion of the US. He spent time here. His comment: "There will be a rifle behind every blade of grass".

Posts: 359 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My one gun for civil
Unrest but unknown issues would be a scopes FAL.

If it was hunting only my 30/06.

Handgun only if u rest would be an RMR’ed G19.

Woods o LT S&W 44 Mountain Gun.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1042 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post