Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting about "AMMO SHORTAGE".
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.americanpartisan.o...he-biden-presidency/

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny you should bring this up. There was an ad in Tx. Gun Traders wanting to buy 7.62X39 ammo. I responded as I had many boxes of the same + just for interest I would ask $1.00 a round. He let off like he had been gelded + said that 34 cents a round was what it had been selling for. True, that was what is WAS been selling for. (Prior Biden), gas was cheaper too. I'm not a price gouger but I'm also not going to take it in the shorts because some idiot in the White House as trashed the economy.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If not now, you will get it soon. Hold the line.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Posts: 514 | Registered: 28 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But then again, that all depends on the solvency of the dollar. At that point would be better as a trade barter.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are primers available again?

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
On and off, I usually post links in reloading when I find them. However when they are for sale they usually sell out in a day or two. They are also significantly more than pre-pandemic prices, for example they were $11~ish per K back in 2017, now they seem to be running 79-89 per K + shipping and hazmat but at least you can come across them now.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7754 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Federal match small pistol primers are in stock at Midway now:

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...953619121?pid=989387

Bad news is they are $89/1K + shipping & hazmat but they are available.

Posts: 7754 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gawd. That pricing is horrible.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you're right of course but today those are more reasonable prices than what we have seen in the last few months. A brick for $400.00? Forget it buster, I'll do without before paying you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday a friend in Vermont asked me where she could buy ammo for her .22. None of the shops have any ammo there.

~Ann

posted Hide Post
Here's one:

https://battlehawkarmory.com/p...0gr-lrn-505000-1-1-2

In stock stuff seems to go for around 10 cents/round right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before all this insanaty started + boxes of 550 by Remington were selling for $19.95 a box, I would buy one when ever I went into Wal-Mart. I have given my daughter-in-law's 22 rifles + pistols for Christmas + a box of ammo is always a nice gift IMO. Consequently, I'm taken care of. Just a word to the wise; when/if this craziness calms down, buy a box whenever you are in the store + just put it back. Don't hoard or try to buy up the store in one stop, just stock up a little at a time. Because this WILL happen again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, good plan.

I had to make a supply run this past Thursday and saw canning lids on the shelf. I have enough for two years now but still put four boxes in my cart.

Strange times makes people strange as well. If anything and I run into a friend who has none and is in need I will gift them.

I have a lot of ammo but once I see prices go reasonable again I will probably, slowly add some stock. I have a ton of brass saved for reloading and have friends who will do this for me but there are no primers...

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, one step at a time. I will add that although a bit pricey now that primers are becoming available.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you get the Dillon "Blue Press" monthly mag. they now offer an ad from a company that makes a tool to reload 22 LR. If you don't ,let me know + I will forward you the info on the tool (under $100.00)