New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prediction
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do believe we are headed to a hot war with the Russians and Chicoms. A neighbor was asking me about nuclear shelter, iodine tabs, etc.

I'm kind of ambivalent about that stuff as really, what kind of life is a life underground? Thoughts?

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I do believe we are headed to a hot war with the Russians and Chicoms.
Thoughts?

If they do it right, it will not last very long. I am not worried I have one whole frozen pizza, plus three slices in the refrigerator. Plus I have a full box of Fruit Loops, and half box of Coco Krispies, some three year old Easter candy, I can ride it out.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:
quote:
Thoughts?

If they do it right, it will not last very long. I am not worried I have one whole frozen pizza, plus three slices in the refrigerator. Plus I have a full box of Fruit Loops, and half box of Coco Krispies, some three year old Easter candy, I can ride it out.

Yeah, but do you have enough milk for all that cereal?

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:
quote:
Thoughts?

Yeah, but do you have enough milk for all that cereal?

I learned in the movie: "TAXI DRIVER" To use Tequila, or Vodka on the cereal. Coco Krispies and Vodka, is fun. Those "SNAP-CRACKLE-POP" are hysterically funny when "DRUNK".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, liquor would probably be a better choice in nuclear fallout.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooch has always been good barter material. Guy used to work for me paid me for the copper sheet + lead free solder + built a nice little still. He picked up my rotten ground fallen peaches + made a brandy that was at least 160 proof; smooth as glass, but you had best be sitting down when you drank it. It burned blue. He passed away about 20 years ago + that still disappeared. Probably a good thing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post