New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading tools in my bag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is my reloader that I made up in '89 just in case we need to make some ammo. A supply of bullets (204 cal) , a couple of lbs of powder, and a 1000 primers and I can make enough ammo to keep game to eat. I picked the 204 Ruger cal. as it is the best out to 500 yds. A 22LR S&W Kit pistol, a Win.61 22LR, and a few hundred rounds of 22 LR and don't forget a few fish hooks with string. Now you have a good survivable base. I can remember during WW 2 when you couldn't get even 22 LR ammo. Just be ready in case something happens.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the tool in action. I have dies to neck size about 10 different cals. I choose the 204 Ruger because 2 lbs of powder will load over 550 rounds.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a great idea.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a good idea + a great design for portability. I still think that in the final analysis that the 22L.R. is the one of choice. ANYTHING that you need to kill can be done with this cartridge + due to its weight you can carry a lot. Just my OP of course.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
To heavy.

Never even considered taking a reloading kit along.

Much easier to take loaded ammo.

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, + that takes on a new meaning about 'take'. Without getting too reactionary if the sxxt hits the fan there will ammo to take off the dead. That might be a little over the top but then again, maybe not. With this in mind of NOT gettinginto a political discussion, that any efforts that Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, e/ al have in mind of confiscation by whatever means are doomed to fail because I don't know of anyone in this nation who would obey. If the present powers that be are wanting a civil war, that's a good way to start it. A buddy of mine said that if he ever sees a UN guy with a blue beret at his door, that's it. Case closed; there will be dead people. Even some folks like Ben Franklin had that reasonable theory to "let sleeping dogs lye".

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A buddy of mine said that if he ever sees a UN guy with a blue beret at his door, that's it

Far better to go shake their hands away from ones home.

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. It is always better to avoid a confrontation. But if the unthinkable happens + foreign troops appear here on American soil to follow a mandate that we know to be in violation of our own bill of rights + constitution, then Katy bar the door! Let us hope + pray that it never comes to that, because folks will die since most Americans will NOT comply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let us hope + pray that it never comes to that, because folks will die since most Americans will NOT comply.

This will be true here in rural America. Not so sure about urban. I think they would easily give up if promised a monthly 'check' and got to stay home and watch TV all day.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, sad but true. The old adage about the frog in the pot of steadily increasing temperature in the water. But I guess our observations could be considered racist + un P.C. by some of todays standards. Mores the pity when now the lunatics run the asylum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. FWIW, back in the day when I would be out for a while in the field I filled a sock with 22 LR ammo + after knotting the sock knotted to my belt. I had ammo for the duration. Simple solutions really. One can live a LONG time on a sock full of 22 LR ammo!