The Accurate Reloading Forums
reloading tools in my bag

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4261093852/m/3401013462

05 February 2021, 00:33
LesBrooks
reloading tools in my bag
Here is my reloader that I made up in '89 just in case we need to make some ammo. A supply of bullets (204 cal) , a couple of lbs of powder, and a 1000 primers and I can make enough ammo to keep game to eat. I picked the 204 Ruger cal. as it is the best out to 500 yds. A 22LR S&W Kit pistol, a Win.61 22LR, and a few hundred rounds of 22 LR and don't forget a few fish hooks with string. Now you have a good survivable base. I can remember during WW 2 when you couldn't get even 22 LR ammo. Just be ready in case something happens.

05 February 2021, 00:49
LesBrooks
Here is the tool in action. I have dies to neck size about 10 different cals. I choose the 204 Ruger because 2 lbs of powder will load over 550 rounds.

24 March 2021, 20:50
Aspen Hill Adventures
That's a great idea.

~Ann

25 March 2021, 09:15
NormanConquest
That is a good idea + a great design for portability. I still think that in the final analysis that the 22L.R. is the one of choice. ANYTHING that you need to kill can be done with this cartridge + due to its weight you can carry a lot. Just my OP of course.

Never mistake motion for action.
26 March 2021, 05:24
p dog shooter
To heavy.

Never even considered taking a reloading kit along.

Much easier to take loaded ammo.
26 March 2021, 10:10
NormanConquest
True, + that takes on a new meaning about 'take'. Without getting too reactionary if the sxxt hits the fan there will ammo to take off the dead. That might be a little over the top but then again, maybe not. With this in mind of NOT gettinginto a political discussion, that any efforts that Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, e/ al have in mind of confiscation by whatever means are doomed to fail because I don't know of anyone in this nation who would obey. If the present powers that be are wanting a civil war, that's a good way to start it. A buddy of mine said that if he ever sees a UN guy with a blue beret at his door, that's it. Case closed; there will be dead people. Even some folks like Ben Franklin had that reasonable theory to "let sleeping dogs lye".

26 March 2021, 19:49
p dog shooter
quote:
A buddy of mine said that if he ever sees a UN guy with a blue beret at his door, that's it

Far better to go shake their hands away from ones home.
27 March 2021, 08:48
NormanConquest
I agree. It is always better to avoid a confrontation. But if the unthinkable happens + foreign troops appear here on American soil to follow a mandate that we know to be in violation of our own bill of rights + constitution, then Katy bar the door! Let us hope + pray that it never comes to that, because folks will die since most Americans will NOT comply.

27 March 2021, 18:30
Aspen Hill Adventures
quote:
Let us hope + pray that it never comes to that, because folks will die since most Americans will NOT comply.

This will be true here in rural America. Not so sure about urban. I think they would easily give up if promised a monthly 'check' and got to stay home and watch TV all day.

~Ann

30 March 2021, 08:47
NormanConquest
Ann, sad but true. The old adage about the frog in the pot of steadily increasing temperature in the water. But I guess our observations could be considered racist + un P.C. by some of todays standards. Mores the pity when now the lunatics run the asylum.

04 April 2021, 10:41
NormanConquest
O.K. FWIW, back in the day when I would be out for a while in the field I filled a sock with 22 LR ammo + after knotting the sock knotted to my belt. I had ammo for the duration. Simple solutions really. One can live a LONG time on a sock full of 22 LR ammo!