New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel prices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's started. Prices are rising now. A friend who is in a segment of the industry got emailed that there will be significant jumps in prices coming very soon.

Not good news but I expected such.

~Ann

Posts: 19125 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
It's started. Prices are rising now. A friend who is in a segment of the industry got emailed that there will be significant jumps in prices coming very soon.

Not good news but I expected such.

You can look at wti futures. See implied crude prices.

Gasoline and Diesel/distillate futures and see the implied forward crack spread.

Will give a good indication of where fuel prices are going.

Higher oil prices are an indication of improved global economic activity.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only benefits some. I find the claim that high fuel prices reflect positive 'times' to be odd and basically untrue. I have never seen that so far in my lifetime. Most people are struggling still right now and this will impact their income significantly.

~Ann

Posts: 19125 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Higher oil prices are an indication of improved global economic activity."

Now its the Saudis who lower their output raising the price.

"Only benefits some. I find the claim that high fuel prices reflect positive 'times' to be odd and basically untrue. I have never seen that so far in my lifetime. Most people are struggling still right now and this will impact their income significantly."

Yes it only benefit people who have work what are in high demand then the price goes up. If you dont have a job or a low payed job during slower economic times you will feel the increased price. After a crash it takes about two years of positive times to give unemployed people work. Also if you can buy a new 100000$ car you have enough money to dont have to care about fuel price but then its later are bought as used by a person with less money a big engine will feel the impact of high fuel consumtion.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only benefits some. I find the claim that high fuel prices reflect positive 'times' to be odd and basically untrue. I have never seen that so far in my lifetime. Most people are struggling still right now and this will impact their income significantly.

It is an asanine statement.

Now here in Texas, we do better when fuel prices are high.....the rest of the country, especially manufacturing and transportation don't do so well. And it does hit poor folks harder than the more a fluent.

Don't worry Creepy Joe, Obamala and the green tards are gonna cause much more damage to the economy than just fuel prices.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't worry Creepy Joe, Obamala and the green tards are gonna cause much more damage to the economy than just fuel prices.

Yes, they will. High fuel prices affect all sectors. Farms will be faced with costlier expenses. Not good.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! When you hit the farmer you literally hit the American in the breadbasket. Like the old joke about the farmer who won the lottery + was asked if it would change him. He said, no, he was going to keep farming until it was all gone.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Indeed! When you hit the farmer you literally hit the American in the breadbasket. Like the old joke about the farmer who won the lottery + was asked if it would change him. He said, no, he was going to keep farming until it was all gone.

I will never understand the mindset of people who think higher fuel prices is 'better'. Maybe for their own personal profits but certainly not the overall picture.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably Distributers and higher it may benefit. A friend of mine owned a gas station for awhile. After taxes and fees he made about .27 cents per gallon. It may have changed since then, this was early 2000s. He made his money getting people to come inside and buy. He still isn't a wealthy man.

Posts: 746 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

It is an asanine statement.

Now here in Texas, we do better when fuel prices are high.....the rest of the country, especially manufacturing and transportation don't do so well. And it does hit poor folks harder than the more a fluent.

You are 100% correct JTEX. I believe their is a so called Median fuel price which has a positive impact on the economy. Of course, $5.00 a gallon fuel price would impact many negatively. However, $1.00 a gallon would as well. I have always done better when fuel prices are higher. In all fairness, much of my business is in Texas.

When the oil and gas industry is working, it has a positive impact on the overall health of the economy.

Ann: I agree with most of your posts, however, I believe you are incorrect here for the majority population.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gasoline fell to 1.85 under Trump. Same station yesterday I paid 2.90. All since the election and 80 cents since Biden took office. I expect 4-5$ a gallon before the end of summer.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My area has gone up almost a dollar a gallon since summer.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheapest thing around here is diesel and it is $3.999.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it's only gonna get worse, thanks to the new administration. I got a truckload of steel from my supplier last month + just got my monthly bill + it was a 30% increase. I have talked with several others in the industry + they are all saying the same. Of course, I have to pass the cost increase on to the customer until no one can afford the product. Now that REALLY helps the economy. Thanks, Joe, you are doing a damn good job of ruining this nation in only a few months. thumbdown

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cost of everything has been skyrocketing. Lumber- Ouch!

~Ann