New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jars available
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was in a Walmart last week and they had pint jars be the hundreds. The box's said Made in US and Mason type with lids. The stack was 6ft X 6 ft X 10ft in the isle. 12 to the box???

Posts: 89 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lester Brooks:
I was in a Walmart last week and they had pint jars be the hundreds. The box's said Made in US and Mason type with lids. The stack was 6ft X 6 ft X 10ft in the isle. 12 to the box???

Ours has a pretty fair amount too. Even had a sizeable stack of lids, which were pretty scarce locally last year. I grabbed a handful of boxes of both sizes in preparation for this canning season. It was nice to see that stuff back in stock.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, same 'here'. Ball mason jars but only regular mouth size. There were none for nearly two years.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's good to hear that production is back up. I still have cabinets full of jars + rings but the lids were the issue for me. I do have an ample supply but I always want more in stock, just because times like the last 2 years can hit us at any time.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like the gun industry, I don't think Newell Corp, who now owns Ball/Kerr, etc are making wide mouth lids right now. I do recommend stocking up on what you can find.

There is a serious drought for our grain country that began last year and continues. Even if you don't grow your own stuff find/buy it in bulk somewhere and process your staples.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are right Ann. I have heard the same thing from many others.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we all remember Y2K well ,although it was a hoax it was a wakeup call for folks to keep enough groceries in the house to keep them for a while. I did not buy into the fear mongering simply because I believe in the basic human nature of greed, that no matter what the clocks say,the money guys will still have the money. That said, it didn't stop me from having 5 gal. buckets of beans + rice w/ dehumidifier pads + a generator converted to propane to supply the well. Realistacaly, none of us can live forever but we can increase the longevity by using our brains, which in truth is man's only advantage over the animals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly, Randy. Our govt and the world cabal want a war and I believe it is coming. I also believe nukes will get used. Really hard times are coming.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I am sorry that I have to agree with you. I went through this in the 50s +60s in the "Cold War", now here we go again because of the same mindset soviet bastards. I'll be dead but I am concerned for my grandchildren. We can wish until we're blue in the face but right now I would love to have Reagen back at the helm + not this powder puff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Goofy Joe, goofy Kamala, goofy Katanje. Most of the 0biden admin is full of kooks. Men can now be women. Seems like a trend.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With that Kabal in "power" in D.C. we are in trouble as a nation. I can't believe that anyone out there thinks that moron is doing a good job! At the risk of beating a dead horse, we all know the election was rigged + those commies should not now be in office. But they are + that is a problem for America. So much of the libs spouting is just a waste of oxygen, + part of that is mine, the oxygen I mean. Wink + Ann, I am in total agreement about that sex option thing. Bottom line; if you were born with one, that's who you are + the rest of us don't really give a Fxxk about your stupid opinion. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you seen some of the freaks attacking me in the Crater for being vocal about the men competing as women? That ought to clue everyone in how bad things will get. 81 million of them want this stuff. These people would rather have men pretending to be women.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wrong is wrong + no amount of "new age enlightenment" will change that.