New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old coffee
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Many decades ago I started prepping back then one was called a survivalist.

I had a rotational plan but with the best of plans some things got put of the back self.

When I moved I started to rotate things again.

Well I opened a can yes a real can not a plastic container of coffee.

It is some where around 40 years old.

When the can opener broke the seal one could hear the vacuum break.

I wouldn't say it tastes as good as some fresh coffee for sure.

But it is very drinkable.

But then I am not a coffee expert by any means.

I well use it up.

But that well take me awhile as I only drink two cups a day.

Posts: 19326 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you did not want to drink it you could put it to use as a good mushroom substrate. Oyster mushrooms grow well in a mixture of coffee grounds and cardboard.

~Ann

Posts: 19128 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It "should" be illegal to sell coffer in what "looks like a can, but is infact a fake can made of "Paper".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know. I know. But it seems to be a sign of the times to make products cheaper + charge more. Also although that process has been going on for a while, check out my post in Misc. on Metal Shortages. There is a shortage all over our country. Hell, I'm the the mfg. business + I have not been able to get any for going on 2 months. Oh + BTW, those coffee grounds work great in my compost bin! tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still metal shortages? I have been waiting to have a small hen house re-sided in steel to perk up its look. Guess I will have to continue to be patient.

~Ann

Posts: 19128 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you might check your local lumber yards for corrugated but we are still in limbo down here. My A.C. customers can't get any flex duct due to the steel wire liner until MAYBE mid December. Also talked with a plumber buddy today + he told me that the price of PVC has gone through the roof + availability is scarce. As I'm sure you know that PVC is made from a petroleum based product. Thanks once again tail gunner Joe.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post