New
Find
Notify
Tools

All those 'burning' processing plants
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Might there be something unusual going on? I know such issues do occur each year but it does seem like an unusual number have burned in just the first 4 months of the year.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just smart strategic planning. If the population of humans is going to be massively reduced, there will be vastly lower quantity of food processing plants needed. Better to collect the insurance now and upgrade their remote bunker.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard two of those plants have been destroyed by plane crashes. That's pretty unusual.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, in the words of musion Steve Goodman,
"Well, the law of averages says that anything that will happen ,
can,
But the year that the Cubs last won the pennant was the year we dropped the bomb on Japan."
Conspiracy theory? C'mon, we'll never know about Marilyn, JFK, Patton, ad nauseum. But that does not mean that we do not consider the possibilities + with the current issues; coincidence just won't cut it. To throw a little humor on it I recall in Dr. Strangelove, Gen. 'Buck' Tergason (George C. Scott) was only too happy to go underground + start breeding. Not much new under the sun.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's really sad and due to our convenient lives is that most people do not have any idea how much food they need to prepare/preserve/produce in order to keep just ONE person alive for a year.

We used to.

Now that there is a serious probability that there will be massive shortages and major expense most cannot even conceive how much they need to do for their family.

I predict the food future will be laboratory created and produced and even worse, that material will be cloned from human cellular matter and most are going to eat it.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a LOT to be said about the Mormon's beliefs of having a years supply of food set back. Nothing like persecution to make one a survivalist. Time will tell but for the life of me I can not see how we can go on like this. The city folks will be in a panic + to quote my past mother-in-law "I don't want to be the last person on the street with a bottle of water." Not to mention about the general intelligence of the current American (I'm sorry but it's true) most of them are idiots that have NO survival skills whatsoever, just an attitude of deserved privilege. (sorry again) but true. Ann, just like your friends that said, "If it all goes to hell, we're coming here" + your response was the same as mine to the folks that know I have a reloading set up to put it mildly, "Hell, NO!" Kinda funny how some of our childhood stories told by our Mothers are coming to bear fruit. To wit, "The Little Red Hen" + "The Ants + the Grasshopper." They have never been untrue; just forgotten by a 'new' generation.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, I think we are a good two generations away from the knowledge of self sustainability. Humans are resilient and enough will survive. Many will die from simply being unwilling to work. Some will die from trying to take from those who do work. None who do work will want those who just consume around. Most people are consumers.

I've said it before. Where I live I need not worry about my neighbors, they work. Those who live in urbia and suburbia, their neighbors will kill them for food, etc. I can't imagine the scene but I am sure it won't be pretty.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you're right. 2 generations away from it now but only one generation removed from our predecessors. No need to be a math genius about 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Case in point, I was talking with my mother tonight + at 90 yrs she has something to say. "When we were growing up if you didn't grow it yourself you didn't eat." We (+ I include myself) as a nation have become quite spoiled to the notion that there is always a store on the corner. "Lulled into a false sense of security!"

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of people that have no clue.

What to do if the SHTF.

I grew up in a poor farm family. If we went to town once a week it was a lot.

Big garden raise chickens and rabbits for food, Hunted, fished and trapped.

There is food available in the city but a lot well not know it.

Dogs, cats, birds ect.

But many well not know the what or how.

If it does not come wrapped from the store or a fast food joint they do not see it as food.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
There are plenty of people that have no clue.

What to do if the SHTF.

I grew up in a poor farm family. If we went to town once a week it was a lot.

Big garden raise chickens and rabbits for food, Hunted, fished and trapped.

There is food available in the city but a lot well not know it.

Dogs, cats, birds ect.

But many well not know the what or how.

If it does not come wrapped from the store or a fast food joint they do not see it as food.

Urbanites will steal and kill their neighbors before hunting cats and dogs for meals once they get hungry.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea what I love is all those city folks that have bug out bags. So they can flee to the outback when SHTF happens.

I live way out in the outbacks, in mountain foothills. A single road is the way in. Myself and the other elk hunters here do not want city folks showing up!!! We all have elk rifles capable of a 500 yard shot and plenty of supplies for the smokepoles. Real easy to block the road with a couple of big crawler tractors.

Take your bug out bag and go to the Costco parking lot!

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WoodHunter:
Yea what I love is all those city folks that have bug out bags. So they can flee to the outback when SHTF happens.

I live way out in the outbacks, in mountain foothills. A single road is the way in. Myself and the other elk hunters here do not want city folks showing up!!! We all have elk rifles capable of a 500 yard shot and plenty of supplies for the smokepoles. Real easy to block the road with a couple of big crawler tractors.

Take your bug out bag and go to the Costco parking lot!

I've never understood the mentality of such people thinking there will be somewhere for them to go. Really? I've had several 'friends' say they will just come to my house. animal I have told all of them that they will find the gate will be closed and emphasize to them to not cross it.

Hopefully the world doesn't descend to such a point and they can finish living their consumptive lives right where they belong.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! Several months ago a couple I know came up + got a glimpse of my loading room + she said, "Well, when it all goes to hell, I know where we will be coming." Like Hell!

Posts: 4195 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tell them to bring food, guns and ammo, money, trade goods, and a strong desire to work.

Other wise they well not be welcome.

A single person can not do it all. When it comes to living in a SHTF era.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I tell them to bring food, guns and ammo, money, trade goods, and a strong desire to work.

Other wise they well not be welcome.

A single person can not do it all. When it comes to living in a SHTF era.

Almost all of them do not know how to work. They eat at a fast food drive-through everyday. No skills at all.

~Ann