Find
Notify
Tools

Huge High Altai Argali down
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.facebook.com/game....1298/?type=3&theater

Just saw this on Game Animals of the Past and Present, female hunter shot a huge High Altai Argali.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnificent. They horns must be enormously heavy.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Gad!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
She did very well! She shot the ram the first day of the hunt. I don't think I've had a client come into the hunt more prepared than she was, so I love seeing it all work like that. No doubt one of the biggest killed by a female hunter.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Any measurements? Over 55 inches is my guess.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Is that Madie, Jeff's daughter?

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Any measurements? Over 55 inches is my guess.

Preliminary measurements are 57x19.5".

Kathi - No mam, it's a huntress from Dallas! She's younger, but not as young as Madie!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a cool link, not to take away from the original post, but thumb through some of the pictures. No doubt some have mastered the art of the "trophy pic", but some of those trophies are unimaginable (if that's a word)

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
thast ram would be similar to the one in Jack Brittingham's video - I think that sheep was taken in the mid 70s by Joe LeMonaco ??? It went 57 inches IIRC.

My video was borrowed by someone and not returned!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great ram! Congratulations to the huntress.

That pic makes it look like an elephant in relation to the hunter. Dumb pose IMO.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
These are exceptional animals. IMO, exceptional animals should be earned and not given. Earning something like this means not only physically earning it at the moment, but financially earning it to pay for it--and using that effort and money to pay for a very expensive hunt. Perhaps she is a genius and earned the money to pay for the adventure, but I suspect it was her father that did.

It is wonderful to take your children hunting, but do not let them take game that should only be taken by someone who desires it and works for it.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
These are exceptional animals. IMO, exceptional animals should be earned and not given. Earning something like this means not only physically earning it at the moment, but financially earning it to pay for it--and using that effort and money to pay for a very expensive hunt. Perhaps she is a genius and earned the money to pay for the adventure, but I suspect it was her father that did.

It is wonderful to take your children hunting, but do not let them take game that should only be taken by someone who desires it and works for it.

I disagree strongly. What gives you the idea that your concept of financial sacrifice for hunting should apply to anyone else?

I don't know who paid for the hunt, but she went, she shot, she killed a fine animal. All of that takes skill and preparation.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
Awesome ram...

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:

Graves,
I do not know what you know about this hunt but I have been in contact with several who were involved. To a person, they say that this 40+ year old lady is a real deal and that she worked her fanny off getting in shape and shooting to get ready for this hunt.

Some days you are lucky on Day 1 and on other hunts it is the last day last hour.

She earned every step of this hunt in her preparation, making the shot when it counted and being in top physical shape. I would hunt with her any day over some of the rather out of shape and poor marksmen that are out there.

Earning a "trophy" is not about the days, but about the preparation and meeting the challenge when it presents itself.... Sometimes it happens on day 1, other times I does not happen at all.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with you Ross.

I just went on a Dall sheep hunt. It was easy compared to some. The year I spent torturing myself beforehand was not easy. The 3.5 days I spent rained/fogged in a one man tent at the start of the hunt was not easy.

Did I earn it?

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have to agree with you Ross.

I just went on a Dall sheep hunt. It was easy compared to some. The year I spent torturing myself beforehand was not easy. The 3.5 days I spent rained/fogged in a one man tent at the start of the hunt was not easy.

Did I earn it?

no, Larry you desserve it ....

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Superb ram. Good for her ! Congrats !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote