Find
Notify
Tools

Mongolian ibex in the salt.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

I just returned from an amazing adventure in Mongolia organized by Safari Outfitters. Beautiful country, generous people and incredible sights and sounds.

The local guides were professional, friendly, helpful and efficient. The local food was not for me. Thank goodness for Mtn house!

My partner and I pulled off a double at 460 yards across a canyon. "Red, yellow, green" Two shots as one and two ibex in the dirt.

Also attended the Eagle Festival. Basically a tourist trap. Definitely not as seen on Discovery. Glad I went but would never travel to such a remote location just to see captured eagles fly away!

Can't wait for Gobi ibex in 2021!

Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 857 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
One of these days when Im in Kalispell, we’ll have to grab beer

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to pics! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome. One of my bucket list hunts for sure.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the pictures. It would be fun to compare notes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
I would like to see pictures as well.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congratulations... would love to do Mongolia one day. My question is "taimen fishing or ibex hunting"?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any pictures to show us all Smiler

Posts: 622 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have the ability to post pictures. Would happily share. Please email me if you are willing to post pictures on my behalf.
skibumplus3@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 857 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t have the ability either lol we are in the same boat unfortunately

Posts: 622 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote